I first learned of The Lodge at Santa Fe via Living Social. They offered a reduced rate deal, which looked pretty good. The pictures online make the hotel look really nice and the amenities listed were pretty good. This looked like the perfect weekend getaway for our anniversary.
Now, I'm not going to be very nice in this review, so I should state up front the things we did like. The location was pretty good, the room was spacious, and the atmosphere was very "Santa Fe". The property looks really nice from the street and the view of the national cemetery across the street is pretty moving. The bed was actually pretty comfortable as well.
Okay, now for the hard part. Upon arriving, we quickly learned that not all was as advertised. Out of the amenities listed, our "really like to haves" are: Complimentary WIFI, Hot tub, and Complimentary parking. We were one for three.
The parking was indeed free and plentiful because there just weren't very many people staying here on the weekend before Thanksgiving. But upon inspecting the pool area where the outdoor hot tub was located, we found the hot tub to be sub-standard. I turned on the hot tub and over half of the jets were not working and the ones that were didn't put out a lot of bubbles. And the water was not hot. While this may seem picky, a hot tub with warm water and very few bubbles isn't worth the hassle of walking through the cold night air. But to each their own.
Then we tried to get online with our laptop. While we could see the WiFi network, we couldn't connect due to the low signal. Again, I know I'm being picky, but I made the mistake of believing their website and didn't make time to do any research on the area before leaving home. Okay, my bad. But the reason for the weekend getaway was because we just stay too busy when we're at home. We figured we'd get checked in to the hotel, go grab some dinner, then come back and map out our weekend by surfing the sites in the hotel room.
So, I called the front desk and they promised to reset the router. Fair enough. I've had to do that at home. So, we went to dinner, then came back and were a little surprised when we still couldn't connect. I called the front desk and was told that's the best they could do but that we were welcome to come to the lobby where the signal was strongest. Sorry, but the last thing I want to do is spend a couple of hours in the lobby surfing the web. So we took our chances without the research.
Now, I know I'm being picky, but if they had not stated on their website "complete your day’s business from your guestroom work desk using our complimentary WIFI", I would not have expected that service and dealt with it. Don't advertise a capability if you can't deliver.
Finally, the rooms are really in need of some updating. The bathroom shower only somewhat worked. Most of the water went out the tub spout vs. the shower head.
Okay, I realize I'm sounding pretty petty, but I've paid less for rooms and had better features and service. This was supposed to be a weekend retreat, but it just didn't live up to the website's promises. We did complete their online survey when we got home and the manager promised to look into these things. But that was over a week ago and we've heard nothing. If they come back and offer to make it up to us, I'll update my report. Until then...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Santa Fe is fully decorated to celebrate the wonder and awe of the Southwest’s most notable city. Located just five minutes to the Santa Fe plaza and historic attractions, the Lodge at Santa Fe is a unique hotel with cultural style. Gardunos restaurant onsite serves fresh 'New Mexican' cuisine, and our guests enjoy hand crafted furniture and breathtaking architecture. Beautiful stone flooring, Native American weavings patterns and weavings, and spacious suites with Kiva fireplaces are all part of the experience. The Lodge at Santa Fe has a complimentary shuttle to the historic Santa Fe plaza, plus free WiFi and parking. Experience the magic of Santa Fe when you book your visit at The Lodge at Santa Fe. "Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel Santa Fe
- Lodge Santa Fe
- The Lodge At Santa Fe New Mexico