“Great place - great location”

Inn of the Governors
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Fun place to stay - right in the heart of Santa Fe. Really great breakfast buffet and great eats in the hotel bar. Clean room and comfy bed. Loved the 4 o'clock sherry and snacks - nice way to meet fellow travelers. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Clean room, if a little shabby. Comfortable bed. Terrific breakfast buffet and nice bar. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Atmosphere and design? like home. Taking care of the customer? in every little detail. Rooms? well..., not the best I have stayed, but all in tact, no complaints at all! But what is amazing is the service! That front desk...., ah! The best ever! The BEST. Followed up with humanity and care to details that I didn’t expect. Surely, I was surprised. Besides the above... the entire set up, the pool, the bar, the parking, the location, all great. And most of all, they know how to make you feel good about your money. After all good prices, still gave us $25 coupon per person for the restaurant for each night! Isn’t it great?

Room Tip: Don't know tips, it was not that bad. Just the feeling and the space.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samtuqrwi
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Based on other Tripadvisor reviews I decided to book the Inn for my family of 4 for 3 nights during Easter week (part of our split 3 days in Santa Fe & 3 days in Albuquerque). Upon arrival I noticed immediately how clean the Inn was. The lobby was in nice condition and we were able to check in a bit earlier than I was expecting. The room we had was a bit small for the 4 of us and didn't have a desk or small table for our many "Laptops/tablets/3DSI's, etc." but we managed ok. I booked the Inn thru Expedia so I wondered if I had booked directly with the Inn if we would have had a larger room but in any event the beds were comfortable & the room was clean. We all used the pool each evening after dinner (heated to 98 degrees). It was great, especially as in the evenings it got rather cool! Each morning we also all enjoyed the buffet breakfast. I have to say one of the best "included" buffet breakfasts I've ever had. I'd also like to add that the service staff in the restaurant was exceptionally great. On a few occations they ran out of Tortillas so we asked the waitress for some, in a flash she brought us out 3 piping hot ones from the kitchen! The Inn is located only a few blocks from the Plaza so it was nice to leave the car and walk to the action. We all had a blast in Santa Fe but the Inn of the Governors made it all that much better!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Guide4FamilyOf4
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had an excellent stay at the Inn of the Governors. My friend and I wanted an adventure of traveling without a car so we rode the Rail Runner from Albuquerque. The Inn was within walking distance from the rail station, (even with rolling bags), and was very close to the Plaza and museums. Our room was nicely appointed and comfortable. The complementary breakfast was delicious and our food at the hotel restaurant equally tasty. Afternoon tea and wine in the lobby was an added treat! Inn of the Governors was an excellent choice for our stay with just the right flavor of Santa Fe itself. We are planning another trip in the fall and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The fireplace was a great bonus.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends