I stayed with my best friend from England at the end of September for 4 nights. The inn was taken over earlier in the summer by Jess & Ryan, and they along with their lovely cook and assistant could not be anymore welcoming or friendly to their guests.
This adobe inn exudes warmth, authentic New Mexico decor, comfort and some wonderful views in a safe and very convenient location for central SF. I have stayed in SF 3 times before and stayed at La Fonda on the Plaza and the Governors Inn, both very high end hotels downtown.I much preferred this location just 10 minutes drive from the downtown center and Cerillos road where many stores and malls are located. It is on the side of a mountain affording beautiful views all around and all in a safe, secure location for your car. The inn was full when we were there and we very much enjoyed visiting with the other guests, the innkeepers friendliness definitely helped the atmosphere of conviviality.
We had the only twin room which faces west, it was beautifully decorated with comfortable beds and plenty of wardrobe space and a great shower. The owners were keen for feedback as they are in the process of updating the inn and took onboard our suggestions for brighter lighting, more surfaces, a larger bedside table and vanity or larger shelf in the ensuite bathroom. But none of these things detracted from our room, they just would have made it even better. We loved that each day our room was cleaned, tidied, beds made and the window opened to allow fresh air in.
The breakfast was excellent and very plentiful, they made me my own pot of decaf coffee once I mentioned it and it was always brewed and ready for me. I also have special dietary needs and after a heads up phone call before arrival, they made a point of discussing what would work with me and then went out of their way to accommodate my needs daily, and always with a smile. They also made 'treats' for their guests to snack on in the day like bread pudding, muffins and banana bread. We loved having access to an additional large fridge for guests use and utilized it to store water, wine and leftover food. We were welcome to utilize the kitchen and microwave and dishware for our many meals we carried in from Whole Foods!
There was plenty of area information available in the public areas, but there is also a great folder in your room with sections clearly marked to make it easy to use. The Wifi worked great and the owners are also IT specialists so I would never expect an issue with this. The public areas are all very comfortable with plentiful seating and a spacious layout, they also have an extra restroom available to guests. Out back they have a beautiful patio with lots of colorful, comfy furniture and the soothing sound of running water from the pond, and the views are wonderful.
We loved the Bobcat Inn, the owners are lovely and care about your stay being the best it can be and they are working on further updates and improvements. I will be returning with my husband next year as we love this area and I can't wait for him to also enjoy the Bobcat Inn and its friendly ambience. We left with hugs from the owners, feeling we had found a gem and made new friends. Highly recommended B&B, thank you Jess & Ryan!
On a side note - if you want a spa experience you will never forget, go to Ojo Caliente an hour away, and just pay $23 for a day pass. It's an experience you will not regret or forget anytime soon, heaven in New Mexico!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful southwest inspired bed and breakfast located in the Southeast foothills to Santa Fe, and only 15 minutes from the historic Plaza. Gourmet breakfast prepared from our farm fresh eggs and organic vegetables from our garden. Walking trails , small vineyard, koi pond and views of Rowe Mesa and the mountains. Patio dining in the courtyard with the hummingbirds in the summer and cozy dining by the fire in the winter months. Authentic Santa Fe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your The Bobcat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bobcat Hotel Santa Fe
- The Bobcat Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico