“Don't miss the chocolate elixirs”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Santa Fe
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Found this recommended on TripAdvisor and made a point to stop in before leaving Santa Fe. Although not the best part of the experience, there's ample, FREE parking. I selected several of the dark chocolate individual pieces from the display, Truffles have a case all to themselves. The gentleman at the register asked me if I'd tried an elixir and gave me a sample of the American elixir - OMG. So of course I purchased the 3 oz for the road. They also serve a 6 oz size. They serve ice cream as well and have some seating available. There are no pre-packaged gift boxes; everything is freshly packed. They also have a great website for online ordering.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived at opening time and enjoyed the advice and information we got. We each had an elixir and purchased candy to take with us. Such an inviting space to enjoy your treats. Was getting crowded as we were leaving. We were able to walk to Kakawa from our hotel however there was plenty of parking.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Popped in here after seeing the reviews. It was my daughters 4th birthday so wanted to treat her and her sisters. They opted for th milkshake which was devine, I had the hot chocolate and my husband a tea.

I didn't order 6 truffles too, I was shocked at the till when I realised they were $3.50 a piece but maybe I should have asked first. Doesn't detract from how good they were, maybe good to put a price up there, if there was I didn't be see and I looked.

Manager I believe came over and asked if everything was going which I thought was a nice touch. Cute little place with some tables and chairs to sit and enjoy the chocolate goodness.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped in with my wife to get my Dad some chocolate for his Birthday. I was unprepared for the many varieties. They were good enough to wrap everything in a gift box for him. The place was busy, but we didn’t mind waiting because the time spent with each customer felt like time well spent. Thank you guys for enhancing our Santa Fe experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

If you have a picky pallet, this place may not be for you. The hot chocolate is definitely complex in flavors. I wanted to like the Mayan but my pallet disliked it, so I went with the rich Americano. It was so rich I couldn't finish it (better than no flavor!). The line was almost to the door but the wait wasn't long. I was nervous we wouldn't have anywhere to sit since there were only about 7 small cafe tables. The cups the chocolate was served in were so beautiful!

Been to Kakawa Chocolate House? Share your experiences!