We stayed for four nights in August and had a wonderful time. We had room 189 in the Juniper Lodge which was the last room on the edge of the resort looking over the stables. We have read criticisms of this lodge (the smell of the horses etc.) but for us it was a fabulous experience and what we would expect from a ranch style resort. The lodge had a really spacious deck area which we sat out on a lot and it was really peaceful.
Our room was large and well equipped including a fridge. It was comfortable and clean although the decor is quite dark (the style of the area) and a little dated.
We had several meals in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent. We also enjoyed a Brazillian night with live music and terrific food (my teenage son's favourite meal of the holiday!)
The resort is only five minutes drive from the plaza but it is so tranquil and peaceful. The pool area was nice too.
The hotel is not a cheap option so I can understand people expecting a lot from it and maybe the rustic feel is a disappointment to some, but for us it was perfect and we would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In August of 1851, a Frenchman, Jean Baptiste Lamy, arrived in the NM Territory as the first Bishop of Santa Fe. Here he built a private retreat; his chapel still stands today, now on the national register of historic places. After Lamy's Death, the land was acquired by the Pulitzer publishing family as a private vacation retreat. In 1917, the Thorpe family from Denver fell in love with these pristine acres, bought the property and developed the first resort in the state. Today Bishop's Lodge comprises 15 lodges for a total of 110 rooms ranging in sizes from 250 sq feet to 450, not to mention a 2000 sq foot Presidential Suite. Many of our rooms feature fireplaces and the majority all have outdoor access to patios, lawns or balconies. Our ShaNah Spa and Wellness Center which opened up in June of 2002 is a sanctuary where one can take time out to be nurtured by Mother Nature, guided by ancient wisdon and touched by angels. The experience may change your life. Other activities are abundant such as: trap/skeet shooting (offered to groups of 10 or monmre roomnights), horseback, pony trail rides, hiking, mountain biking, fitness center, excercise studio, outdoor pool, whirlpool and tennis to mention a few. Bishop's Lodge is located just 3 miles from the Historic Santa Fe Plaza. Complimentary shuttle service is provided by the lodge at scheduled times daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop`s Lodge Resort And Spa
- Bishop`s Hotel Santa Fe
- Bishops Hotel Santa Fe
- Bishops Resort Santa Fe
- Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa Santa Fe, New Mexico