“On vacation in Santa Fe”
Review of Jambo Cafe

Jambo Cafe
Ranked #4 of 612 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: USD 8 - USD 22
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Description: African and Caribbean dishes and specialties from award-winning Chef Ahmed Obo. Jambo Cafe specializes in new combinations of traditional dishes with a decidedly spicy flair. Winner of many awards, "Best Soup" for the Souperbowl 4 years running and "Best International Cuisine" in the Santa Fe Reporter for 7 years and Best Chef for 4 years. We serve vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and seafood options alongside our chicken, beef, lamb, and goat dishes. All meats are Halal. Located in College Plaza near corner of St. Michaels Drive and Cerrillos Road. Plenty of free parking. Visit our sister store Jambo Imports just two doors down.
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Restaurant was recommended by friends. Did not disappoint at all. Great food and service. A real International melting pot of both choices and flavors. My wife loved the spice-rubbed Salmon Salad and I had the Chicken Curry and Goat Stew combo platter. Large servings and full of flavor. Asked the waiter to spice up the combo platter and they came through for a chili head.

3  Thank BobbyB240
Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We stopped in on a whim and soon found out that this restaurant has a great reputation and for good reason. The food was really good. There is not a wide range of choices, but what they do have is flavorful and unique. The staff was friendly and willing to answer as many questions as we had. The portion sizes were good. Even my kiddo loved what he had! (He kept steeling food off of my plate, too.)

5  Thank AmyC3785
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This place is consistently fantastic! Flavorful dishes, vegetarian options, and good portions. The staff is always friendly, even when busy. Don't be fooled by it's location in a strip mall - Jambo Cafe has a cozy and happy ambiance. This is a jewel of a restaurant!

8  Thank LedgerLil
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Based on Tripadvisor reviews we made a booking and were not disappointed. The place is relatively small with basic tables and ordinary uncomfortable chairs but was packed even mid-week. The food was above average – not fine dining – but a really good feed for the money. Our Waiter – the one who changes his hat – was very helpful, but also funny and entertaining. His great attitude just made for a great family dinner.

6  Thank Geordielass2
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I wanted to try this restaurant when I was in Santa Fe last year, and I didn't make it. I wasn't about to miss it this time, and I was not disappointed. We went early, as we didn't have reservations, and got a table right away, but there was a wait by the time we left. All the rave reviews are deserved. The flavor combinations were amazing. This is a chef who knows how to use spices. The stew seasoning was so good, I bought some to bring home with me. A couple of doors down there is a neat shop where you can buy spices, art, and other items representative of the owners' background. You can also buy the cookbook, which contains some of the dishes from the restaurant, and others that aren't on the menu. I will be back.

Date of visit: July 2018