All reviews recommend casa santa fe suite other guests free museum cowgirl room stuffed french toast wonderful hosts chili pepper granola bars interesting guests each morning breakfast quesadilla trip to santa fe highly recommend this b b hot tub bed and breakfast common room
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I just returned from a stay in Santa Fe and Casa Cuma. It was a wonderful place to land as a base to explore the downtown Santa Fe area on foot, only a 10 minute walk to good restaurants, and many attractions. The innkeepers are tops. They went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of. I had asked for special dietary needs which were provided in style. The breakfasts were exceptional, Colleen incorporates fresh eggs from her little chicken flock in their own chickie condo out back! The breakfast room is available all hours for tea or coffee and nicely furnished for spending time going through area information they have provided about Santa Fe and the general area.
Shaan could not have been more helpful, providing any assistance I required or even mentioned. The rooms were comfortable, (I stayed in 2, they moved me to the 2nd one while I was out). My favorite room was a suite with a sitting room, private and lovely. The landscaping was inviting, very Santa Fe. Large patio areas with bright colored chairs, lovely mountain views, made it inviting to sit outside and relax. The heart of Santa Fe downtown is a few blocks walking distance from the Inn. Great location and very quiet. All the rooms are private aided by the layout as they have separate entrances to the outside and their own little entry decks. I highly recommend this Inn and would return again to Santa Fe and Casa Cuma. It will feel like coming home.

Room tip: I only saw two, the 2nd one with a sitting room has a pull out good quality sofa, though I did not sleep on it so don't know about that. There are only four rooms, and each would be quiet and private based on the layout.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2011

we recently returned from a trip to Santa Fe and our stay at Casa Cuma was easily among the highlights of our trip. upon arrival, we were greeted with a warm welcome from Shaan, who informed us that due to a last-minute cancellation, we now had the option to upgrade to a bigger room(a suite, really) at no additional charge! needless to say we took the offer :)
the suite we stayed in was clean, spacious yet cozy, and tastefully decorated. everything from the quality of the bed linens to the shower was top notch. my boyfriend and i got back from a late dinner and decided to sit out in the yard which turned out to be the perfect spot for star-gazing(coming from San Francisco, stars are a rare treat!)
breakfast was delicious: we were served fresh fruit, good coffee(which isn't always the case when traveling), homemade french toast and syrup that were out of this world!
this is indeed a very speical place, one of which we hope to return and visit again someday soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We recently spent 4 nights at Casa CUma B &B and found it to be a fantastic base in which to explore Santa Fe and surrounds. We had the Opera Suite which was spacious and very comfortable with excellent beds and linen.
Colleen and Shaan were the most wonderful inn keepers and assisted us in every way to make our stay unforgettable. We enjoyed meeting and chatting with the other guests over breakfast.
Casa is conviently situated and close to all the places of interest. It is quiet in the evening so a restful sleep is assured.
We were sad to leave and could've stayed longer. A special touch as we were saying our goodbyes, Colleen emerged with a paperbag of tasty treats for our long wait at the airport which we really appreciated. Highly recommend anyone to stay at this special B & B.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stayed 3 wonderful days at Casa Cuma and would say it was the best B&B experience we've ever had! Shaan & Colleen are so friendly and knowledgeable and fun. Their family style, delicious breakfasts encourage lively talk and hopefully, they will join you. Our casita was bright and roomy and a short drive to the inn. I can't say enough good things-we've already booked for next year.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

This is a very special place- just returned after experiencing 5 nights of Shaan and Colleen's warm, inviting hospitality. Stayed at their Casita a few minutes walk from the main house- had the benefits of a private little home (2 bedrooms- 2 baths and full kitchen) plus the amenities as the B&B- including those amazing hot breakfasts. Perfect for two friends traveling together and the best of both worlds! Saan and Colleen are outstanding hosts- couldn't be more welcoming and warm. And also so thoughtful- providing things like museum passes, customized maps, a great walking map, bottled waters- even granola bars, yogurt and home made cookies- just in case you get hungry. It's an easy walk into town so no need for a car unless you are planning day trips outside of Santa Fe. Oh about those hot breakfasts-- all I can say is YUM. Still salivating thinking about the stuffed french toast from our last morning at Casa Cuma. Very highly recommended!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends