“Fabulous stay at Hacienda Nicholas”

and 1 more site!
Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
El Paso, Texas
“Fabulous stay at Hacienda Nicholas”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Hacienda Nicholas for my birthday. He decided to go one day earlier and the staff accommodated us with a room until our room with fireplace and king size bed was available. Both rooms were cozy and lovely, very Santa Fe. The inns obviously have had excellent attention both for comfort and aesthetics. Native American, New Mexican & Eastern Europe artifacts attract the eye and curiosity. I could sit for hours and just enjoy the surroundings. Location is my favorite part of our stay. Anywhere, I could walk in any direction easily: Canyon Road, downtown, the museums, galleries and oh boy! Shopping for gifts, fun and elegant clothes. The joy of Santa Fe is that it is so rustic and brags history in the now. Dirt roads, no paved huge parking lots - all offer the opportunity to enjoy what Santa Fe is and was: an ancient Native American land; a land of the Spanish conquerors, Pass of the North from Mexico to Santa Fe and New Mexican settlers. Please, don't ask for California or New York modern conveniences. I love the whole feel of the inns as much as I've loved visiting Santa Fe for 50 years. The staff is so generous with their time and directions. They made reservations for us, gave us directions and visited. My husband said that breakfast at the Hacienda Nicholas was the best breakfast in town. I agree. We had a grand time. The only disappointment was that we had to leave early because my husband had altitude sickness and got scared. Yet, he plans to return after a visit to his doctor and reassurance that he was okay. I Love the inns and the Nirvana Spa which is attached to the inns. I would love to spend alone time there and hunker down in my room and read, write and meditate. Our visit was spectacular. The staff, the owner and the inn are the answer to a real Santa Fe atmosphere and visit. I would recommend this to any visitor considering a trip to SF.

Room Tip: The Sunflower room in the patio
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth and much-appreciated review. You certainly related with the heart and soul of Santa Fe, and I truly hope you are able to come back to finish your explorations of the city and surrounding areas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed in the Nicholas Suite in mid January. The suite was very nice and decorated in a southwest motif that you see everywhere in Sante Fe. Our suite had a gas fireplace which was really nice and cozy. Breakfast was very yummy every morning and if you have an allergy or special food needs, the staff is very willing to try and accommodate. The staff was very friendly and happily answered all of our "tourist" questions regarding restaurants, directions, entertainment, etc. The only downside is the parking as is the same for all of that area. The parking lot is very small or you can park on the street. We drove my husband's larger truck and it was a little difficult to maneuver in the small areas. I would definitely recommend Hacienda Nicholas if you want a little more low-key homy atmosphere instead of a typical hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank dmitchell64
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here for a long weekend. We had visited here several years ago and also stayed at the Madeleine next door. We have yet to have a disappointing stay. Merrilee is a warm, wonderful Innkeeper who bent over backwards to make sure we felt comfortable. Her suggestions for dining were perfect as were her excursion suggestions. I love the Nicholas and it's great atmosphere. The group of folks we shared breakfast with in the beautiful great room were friendly and the food was excellent. The rooms were spotless and we especially liked how the owners strive for 'Green Living'.
What I was really happy about was the effort that was made to insure we were able to eat breakfast with our dietary restrictions. Thanks for helping make my birthday weekend perfect!!

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic. We have never been in a room that was anything less than charming.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This was our second time to stay at Hacienda Nicholas. The accommodations are wonderful. The rooms are very comfortable with comfy beds, nice living areas, TV and wifi. The common living area for happy hour and breakfast is a great gathering place. Location is walking distance to the historic square. Carolyn and Greg are great hosts. Greg's breakfasts were delicious and both gave us great recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing locations. Hope we get the opportunity for another visit next year.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at the Hacienda Nicholas in October. We really enjoyed it. The location is terrific, only a few short blocks from the center plaza. There was parking on site. Breakfasts each morning were quite good and varied. There were snacks available in the afternoon.

We were attending the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta at the time. Santa Fe is only about an hour's drive from the Balloon Fiesta site and the driving was easy. Santa Fe was a great place to return to after the morning ascents had been completed.

We stayed in the Nicholas Suite. The bed was quitte comfortable and the amenities were good. he separate living area and small refigerator made this convenient. This room opens onto a small courtyard, so it was away from the main foot traffic areas of the Inn.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: Pick the Nicholas Suite. It's a bit more expensive, but the seating area, refrigerator, firepla...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple