First, the positive: This property is in a good location and the rooms are nice despite showing signs of age.
Unfortunately our stay was marred by the very disappointing service. This hotel operates more like a roadside motel chain than a four star property.
It took six hours, one reception visit and three phone calls to a reluctant front desk to get a spare set of sheets and pillows for the sofa roll-out (they ran out of double bedrooms by the time we checked-in).
Then there was the fire alarm, and subsequently getting locked out of our room. With barely an apology. the good times.
To top this off, we were double charged for our stay. fortunately we spotted this on our CC statement, I had to take time to call accounting to clear this up ("opps, it looks like we charged the wrong credit card").
should have stuck with the Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Omni La Mansión del Rio is ideally nestled along the historic River Walk in downtown San Antonio. Perfectly situated, you can easily explore all of San Antonio’s extensive range of tourist attractions. Located within easy walking distance to the fabled Alamo, El Mercado, La Villita Arts District, Spanish Governor’s Palace, San Antonio Convention Center and most other well-known landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Omni La Mansion del Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni La Mansion Del Rio Hotel San Antonio
- Omni San Antonio
- Omni Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Omni
- La Mansion Del Rio
- Omni La Mansion Del Rio San Antonio, Texas