“Great location!”

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Ranked #18 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed at the hyatt regency for a business trip. I found the hotel to be very nice. The decor was recently updated and very modern. I was placed in the room I requested, quickly and effiecently. The hotel was extremely quiet, so quiet that I could hear the elevator bell in my bed! I didn't eat at the restaurant, although it smelled great. The one minor complaint I had was that the bathrooms were small.
This hotel's location is wonderful for tourists! It's only a block away from the Alamo and right on the river walk. Parking is expensive, If you don't need a car take a cab from the airport and walk everywhere. San Antonio is a beautiful city, enjoy it!

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CaseyFink
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your San Antonio experience! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

The location of this hotel is amazing - you can stand at the front and see the Alamo, or go out the back, and be right on the Riverwalk.

The Q Restaurant (amazing BBQ) was closed on Sunday/Monday. Unfortunately our trip was on Sunday/Monday - but we did have a brisket sandwich in the hotel bar (Q Bar). The brisket was delicious. Our waitress, Brandi, made us very welcome - even though there was a couple of large oil conferences going on.

Our room was River View (rm 710) - it smelt a little smoky - but was fine. The bed was comfortable with a pillow top, and plenty of pillows.

The hotel has Its own river taxi stop. We spent $15 for the River Taxi - this allowed us a 24hr pass to use the taxis in the Riverwalk area, and up the river to "Pearl". This was worth the $15 - particularly if you didnt care to go on the narrated tour. The drivers of the taxis, also do the tours, and dont seem to mind answering a couple of questions.

All in all - a great place to stay if you are visiting San Antonio just once, and have most of the tourist sites local. I booked last minute on hotels.com - and it was a little expensive.

Room Tip: I would recommend not getting a room into the atrium - they open out over the bar area - which can g...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissCaroline71
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Perfect location right on the riverwalk across fr the alamo ,clean very good service skydeck pool clean and nice workout center. On the run breakfast they have einstein bagel

Room Tip: on a budget we took the streetcar one day pass takes you to all tourist attrac. a lot cheaper only 4...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vas55
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed San Antonio and our hotel's location. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This hotel is on the riverwalk and just a short block form the Alamo. The bell stall and valets work as a well coordinated ten both upon arrival and checkout. They give very helpful information to help you plan your stay. The room was nice and spacious. The in room wifi did not work as we were in a corner of the building on the 8th floor. The riverwalk is a linear mall on both sides of a small river. The hotel's restaurant was closed the night we were there, but we had a n excellent dinner at Mad Dogs close by on the riverwalk. We tried room service for breakfast and the meal was poor. It is a short walk to the Alamo.

Room Tip: Get one close to the elevators if you wish the wifi to work.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel's location. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was looking forward to staying here after reading some previous reviews but, unfortunately, my experience was really disappointing. I won’t gripe about the $20 breakfast buffet or the $12.50 daily Internet charge as that’s life when you’re dealing with upper-scale hotels on the Riverwalk. That’s to be expected. The “good” elements included a friendly staff and very good hotel restaurant wait staff, cleanliness of the hotel, nice bathroom amenities, and a huge room and bathroom with a King bed. Now for the bad … how about the balsa wood-thin walls which allowed me to hear every hallway conversation that occurred, or the lack of soundproofed balcony doors which allowed me to hear a very private conversation between an inebriated man and a woman and all about their relationship. That was “special”, especially at 12:30 am after I had an exhausting work day. Then there was my check-in experience where I went to my room, put the key in, only to discover that the guest had not checked out of that room yet! Oops. Hotel staff did apologize and got me into another room which didn’t have an existing guest.

There are lots of choices on the Riverwalk … I won’t be making this one again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business