“Jacob the Valet Manager”

Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #17 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Jacob the Valet Parking Manager has no customer service skills and is very rude and inconsiderate! Upon arriving at the hotel on the 19th of March there was a sign in front of the parking garage stating "hotel customers only" Jacob was standing outside with 2 of this staff members. We pulled up to the sign and Jacob stated " go around the sign" we tried to make our way around the sign and hit the corner wall and damaged our vehicle. When we hit the wall, Jacob sent his staff over to move the sign so we could properly manuver in the Garage. Once we parked and moved our belongings to our room, my wife and I went to confront Jacob about the incident, he told me "I did not touch your vehicle I am not responsible." He then turned his back and walked away from me. My wife was upset and she confronted him and he stated harshly "look lady! I did not touch your vehicle now have a nice day." and walked away from her. I notified other managers on duty that day and they confronted Jacob about the situation. Jacob later called my room and stated "even though i handled the situation poperly i want to appoligize for the way i handled it." He also said he would get us a incident report for the inusrance company and never did. I asked about the incident report 3 times that weekend and nothing was done about it. On a better note the room was good, the food was good, and the comfort level of the hotel is good. The only problem I and my wife had was Jacob. I would put his last name on here so everyone staying here will steer clear of him if he don't get fired.

Room Tip: Parking Garage sucks and hotel will not help get your car fixed if it is damage due to negligence of...
1  Thank NickJan80
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear NickJan80,

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel on a business trip. The front desk customer service I received upon check-in was poor to say the least. I have also overheard some of my colleagues complain about the level of customer service they also received upon check-in. The rooms are acceptable, nothing fantastic and the location is good depending on the reason for your trip. If you are interested in the Riverwalk and site seeing I would imagine that this would be a reasonable location. Please be prepared to wait at least 5minutes or upward for an elevator seeing that they only have 4 to service 20floors of rooms.

Stayed: March 2012

MzButterfly,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed 5 days and they were able to put a small refridgerator in our room. My husband is a smoker and almost all hotels on the Riverwalk are non-smoking. This hotel was able to let him smoke on the balcony, which was a very good compromise. It is a half-mile walk to the Rivercenter Mall, which is a small, but nice mall to shop in.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Riverwalk is great! I think it will be rather noisy no matter which side of t...
1  Thank carrielok
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Hotel right on river walk, making most things within walking distance. Room was clean and had a balcony view of the river walk. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, had suggestions on were to eat. Breakfast and dinner where very good at the hotel, plus priority club discount. 23rd floor has a great view of the city.Would stay here again.

1  Thank skippy076
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Have stayed here a couple times - always found the rooms to be very clean and the staff to be accommodating. Great location; right on the Riverwalk; and walking distance to all points on the RiverWalk. Morning Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business