“Dont turn off the lights”

WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
Ranked #198 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Place is unsanitary. Turned off the lights overnight, in morning awakened to find roaches on the countertop and in the microwave. Is a transient hotel not a place for children. Police called to property frequently during my three day stay cops called out two days in a row. Front desk staff is tolerable when they are available. Nothing like my previous stay for mothers day weekend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank huntersrun
Stephen S, Manager at WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Huntersrun,

First of all, thank you for the detailed feedback of your stay with us. I am disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us as you had during the previous trip. Please know we have addressed the issues you have mentioned regarding the pests and police activity. That said, we hope you will chose to give us another chance and stay with us again.

Management.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Quiet, clean rooms, great staff that are friendly and go out of their way to help you. Has made our stay while we look for jobs and a home less stressful. Full size fridge, sink and 2-burner stovetop. Even our two dogs were happy. Staff put a magnet on our door to let people know there were dogs inside which I thought was awesome since I'd never seen that before.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Janet I,

Thank you for the great review of your experience at our hotel in San Antonio! We appreciate the feedback and are glad you are enjoying your time at the hotel.

Best Regards,

Management.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Comfortable living space. Full kitchen quiet. At times close to stores and immediate access to the hwy no bus route except on the main street. Free daily Wi-Fi
Good cleaning services. They do have bugs so have bug spray.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Denene B
Stephen S, Manager at WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Denene B,

I have just read your review from your recent stay at WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam. First of all, thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay with us -- it is appreciated greatly. Secondly, I want to thank you for the kind words about your experience while at the property. I am happy you found the hotel comfortable and quiet and that you enjoyed the amenities of free Wi-Fi, housekeeping services and easy access to transportation. However, I am troubled to read your comments about bugs. Please know we take your feedback extremely seriously and have contacted our pest control to inspect and treat the facility, so that future guests do not experience a similar issue.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Clint.
District Manager.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Great place, staff made me feel very comfortable!!!!!!! I would really recommend to anyone.

Nice clean place. Like a second home for me. Easy check in and pleasant stay.
Very respectful staff, n vety helpful

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear CeCe B,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at our WoodSpring Suites in San Antonio. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend the hotel to other travelers as well. As hospitality professionals, there is no higher honor than for our guests to recommend us to others.

Thank you again for the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again next time you are in the San Antonio area.

Best Regards,

Clint.
District Manager.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We came for a much needed night away from our children and to celebrate one month down into a law enforcement academy. Due to my husbands prior military service for the past 13 years we figured this place would be nice, especially with the high advertisements towards military personnel. We immediately noticed the mildew and mold smell walking to our room. Upon going to the bathroom as soon as we got here we noticed roaches in the bathroom. Roaches in the sink and on the microwave. As I took off my shoes and stepped onto the carpet it was wet and has obvious water damage. It's so late and there is so much traffic on the I 35, from it being closed we can't leave. So much for a enjoyable evening...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Genevieve M
Stephen S, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

We apologize for your experience. We are working to correct all pest issues. Thanks for letting us know.