“great savings and comfort”

WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
Ranked #205 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 10 February 2016

stayed for three and a half weeks for a business trip, found the rooms to be very roomy and accomodating. staff was very friendly. hotel is very secure. newer beds and pillows and full size frig. and a stove top was also nice.

Room Tip: the first floor seemed very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Great atmosphere...Thank u Audrey Rodriguez for always being so helpful. Thank you to April, Chrissy, Reggie an the rest of the staff for making the Value Place feel like home! My kids had a blast...maybe some pic-nik tables would allow smokers to smoke away from hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Roderick M
Reviewed 23 November 2015

The building is in need of repairs (exterior door locks broken or inoperative), frequent washing machine breakdowns, only ONE luggage cart and it has one bad wheel (brought this to the attention of the staff on my first day and it remained the same throughout my 7-8 week stay)... Broken down cars/trucks in the parking lot and on the street in front of the hotel. My original thought of this place was that it was for people like me (either moving from one job to another and waiting to get into a permanent place, or traveling for work). I was COMPLETELY wrong about that... The other residents (a majority of them) use this place as a home with NO intentions (my impression) of leaving anytime soon. Not that I'm anything special, but I at least know not to pull into a hotel parking lot with my car stereo blaring at 11pm - and that was a quiet night! The caliber of people that take up residence in this place is one step above vagrants that plague the Greyhound Bus station in downtown San Antonio.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Value Place
1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Stayed for 2 weeks with family while exploring San Antonio and South Texas. No frills, but all of the essentials! Full size refrigerator saved my family a lot of money. TV could be bigger, but overall great stay.

If you are looking to save money, but be comfortable stay here. If you are looking for plush 5 star accommodations, this is not the place.

Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry G
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Where do I begin? I was supposed to have two non-smoking rooms. We were put on the fourth floor which I found out later is the smoking floor. The hallway reeked of smoke but the rooms didn't when we first started our stay, so we figured we'd give it a try. Big mistake.

The rooms didn't smell of smoke to us when we first walked in only because the hallway smelled so bad that it deadened our senses before we went in the room. Through the first night the smell of smoke got stronger and stronger. Nasty.

Next thing was the floor. It was completely nasty. The carpet was dark so we couldn't tell at first how thoroughly dirty it was, but after the first night of walking around in there all of our feet were black on the bottom. And none of us had even been anywhere but the room.

We complained that next day and were told that the room should have been steam cleaned before we arrived but hadn't been. Then they told us that it would be 24 to 48 hours before they would get around to cleaning the rooms. They told us they'd make every effort to steam clean them before we got back that night. Of course, when we got back it hadn't been touched. We asked what was up and told them about some of the other problems in the room. They told us that if we had told them about the other problems they would have escalated the issue, but since we had only complained about the dirty carpet, that wasn't a priority. So my interpretation is that they could have cleaned it for us, but didn't. Lame.

The bathtub in one of the rooms was cracked and it looked dirty. The lock on the door to the bathroom didn't work. The light above the stove didn't work.

Then there were roaches. Both rooms had them. I killed three in one room and my wife killed two in the other. Three of the roaches were HUGE and the other two were tiny.

Beds were okay, but not comfortable. I put out bedbug glue traps to see what I would find and was happy to find that we didn't have any, at least that made it to the traps.

Then there's the elevator. It's S-L-O-W. Like so slow that I couldn't stand to wait anymore several times and went all the way to the other side of the building (elevators are in the middle and stairs are on either end of the building), and went down four flights of stairs and still beat the elevator down. Terrible.

I had booked a week stay. After two nights we'd had enough and requested a cancellation of our stay. We were told that it was non-refundable. The staff was extremely rude and unhelpful. I demanded a refund and they refused. I checked out of both hotel rooms and found a nice little hotel downtown called El Tropicano. We had a MUCH better experience there. Even though I'm out the $600 I spent for those two rooms, it was well worth it to leave that nasty place.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family