“well prepared, genuine indian food at a good value”

Bawarchi Biryani Point
Ranked #1,841 of 5,154 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 25 June 2015

I have been here three times; twice for lunch and one for take out. For lunch I had the special which was served on a tray and included perhaps ten items. The rice was hot and well spiced. Mine included a small compartment of chicken(not spiced) and chicken in the rice. There was a good range of spices and you could choose the heat level.

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed 23 March 2015

We came with friends who had eaten here previously and invited us to return with them. They were excited about Bawarchi because if offered more southern Indian dishes, and it reminded them of their time in India. I don't remember the names of what we ate, but I really enjoyed the new dishes and the familiar favorites.

It's not a place to go for ambiance, but it was clean and the service was prompt.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Today I took a to go of two Chicken Dum Biryani... I am surprised to see only one small sample piece of chicken piece in each of the Biryani.

I've been to many Indian/Indo-Pak restaurants in Atlanta and never had such a worst experience. Looks like they want to earn back their investment in one month with this type of cheap tricks with Customers..I really don't advise any one who is a Chicken Biryani freak to go for this restaurant and have sample piece of chicken with whole lot of rice.

Customer servie/Ambience: Nil ..lokks like need to train their staff
Food Qualiy: Worst

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

My recent visit here won't be my last. The interior needs some work if they want to look a bit more respectable, but they seem to have the food figured out. Of course I wanted to try several dishes, but I just had to get the biryani.
It was prepared quickly, affordable and a large tasty meal.
Don't expect any frills, go for takeout, or be prepared to enjoy your food in a not-so-fancy joint. It is worth it.