“More Than a Salad Bar”
Review of Salata

Salata
Ranked #264 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I'm usually not in favor of most salad bars, especially serve yourself types. This one is different. You walk through the line and tell the people behind the counter what you want and quantity. There are lots of options and lucky for me, everything is nicely labeled. My Wife and Daughter have been going there a long time and I finally went with them-and was I ever Impressed. Need to get there early because it is so popular-for good reason!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

You’d better be hungry when you come in! Even the small salad is enough if you add
plenty of toppings. Great service and clean atmosphere! I’ll warn you that a bundt cake bakery is right next door so proceed with caution!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Went here to get my greens, plenty of options. The small bowl is HUGE! You get plenty of greens to choose from not just the typical lettuce. They had kale and spinach and they have so many add ins like fruit and seeds and plenty for vegan and non vegans. They had multiple dressings and everything is labeled by calories and whether it is vegetarian or vegan. As a bonus I even saw Bruce Bowen buy a salad to go!!! Was awesome.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

There are so many options here to make a satisfying and healthy salad or wrap. Over 50 toppings, several different protein options, 10 different dressings, allow for almost limitless flavor combinations.

I had a wrap in a Thai ginger tortilla with about 15 different fruits and veggies including pea sprouts, jicama, and mango. Topped with the lemon vinaigrette and the herb-marinated chicken, it was a filling and very tasty lunch.

And while the line moves quick and there are a lot of decisions to make, the women behind the counter were so friendly it make the process not quite so daunting, especially for a first-timer.

I will definitely return.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I each enjoyed a small salad made exactly how we each like them. Since this was our first visit, the staff was very helpful in explaining how everything works. The ingredients were very fresh and there was a great variety to choose from. The salads were filling and delicious. I felt it was a very good value for the money.

Date of visit: November 2017