3,614 results
All reviews rooftop pool cork bar the river marriage island suite hotel beautiful hotel living room city view large bathroom valet parking sitting area la villita the san antonio riverwalk king suite valet staff the entire staff convention center
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were just in town to hang out and chill for a couple of days. The Hotel Contessa worked well for us, with its location right on the Riverwalk and a short walk from the Alamo. Our room was a suite and very spacious - we took the room fitted for folks with disabilities which may have wider doors than some other rooms. We could have moved in, easily, with two closets, a safe, microwave, etc. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Spence, thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your accommodations, and thank you for being understanding with the room choice. Being so close to many of our area's attractions is a huge plus for our hotel. I'm happy you were able to explore the city and take a short walk to the Alamo staying with us! I appreciate your kind words on our staff and we can't wait to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is situated right along the Riverwalk, and is within walking distance to mid/higher end eating establishments if you don’t wish to eat at the hotel.

The hotel’s breakfast fare was wonderful! There’s also a nice outside seating area to sit and relax.

The Hotel Contessa seamlessly blends the old with the new. The suites are spacious, well laid out, and clean. The staff from check-in, to wait staff are very courteous and pleasant to talk to.

You can’t go wrong staying here! I hope to stay here again for business travel that will frequently bring me to San Antonio!

Trip type: Travelled on business
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast downstairs, hope you tried the new brunch menu! It's deliciously filled with Texas flare and traditional favorites. I am very proud of our team every day and the way they interact with guests. I'm happy that you found them helpful and courteous. We can't wait to welcome you back for many more stays! Consider enrolling in our Contessa Elite program, that way every time you stay with us you can collect points to add up to awards! Again, thank you for sharing your experience, see you soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Absolutely loved staying at The Hotel Contessa. The staff is very friendly and helpful and greet you every morning like an old friend. The suite was very comfortable and large. We loved the service and food and thought the prices were very reasonable. I enjoyed everything I tried but was pleasantly surprised by the " fried green tomato BLT". The location on the Riverwalk is wonderfully peaceful and a lovely 10 minute walk to the busy restaurants and shopping. You will feel very special staying at The Hotel Contessa.

Room tip: My computer won't allow me to rate/stars but I rate service, rooms and location /5 stars each!
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Nancy, thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay! Our team does a terrific job of making all our guests feel like family. I'm so happy you felt the warmth of their presence! The fried green tomato BLT is one of my favorite lunch sandwiches. Always expect to take half of it home because it's so filling! I'm glad you enjoyed the proximity to our area's attractions and got out to explore Alamo City. We can't wait to welcome you back for another trip!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I had a wonderful visit at the Hotel Contessa! The hotel is beautiful and the people go above and beyond to make your stay superb. Charles (one of the concierges) helped me secure a knee scooter b/c of my broken foot. They were going above and beyond before I arrived. Can't recommend them highly enough.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Mike, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! While I am heavyhearted to hear about your broken foot, I'm very grateful Charles took care of you! He is always going above and beyond for our guests. Thank you for your kind words and your recommendations. We can't wait to welcome you back again, and hopefully with a healed bone!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The Hotel Contessa has much to offer: Big, beautiful and comfortable suites; lovely restaurant (hats off to George and Aja for incredible service); Concierge (Stephen) also incredibly helpful; Lovely rooftop pool and hot tub; Great location: right on Riverwalk and close to lots of other great spots (Alamo, Market Square, and Japanese Tea Garden and Pearl just a short Lyft ride away, etc.). Our only complaint was that the front desk was somewhat understaffed, and they did not always pick up the phone when we tried to call them.

Date of stay: March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! I'm happy to hear how you've found so much to love within our hotel! You're completely right, we are a great location and close to many of our area's attractions. I feel like that gives us such an awesome advantage to stay comfortably in a fantastic suite and in just a couple of steps, explore our beautiful city! Thank you for your candid feedback, all of it will be passed down to my team. We can't wait to see you again very soon!