Open today: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm

from USD 65.00
More Info
from USD 109.00
More Info
All reviews sculpture garden chuck wagon stage coach wells fargo american west tuesday evening covered wagon public library free admission old west pancho villa on tuesdays scale model the river walk on display nice collection special exhibit
Reviewed 3 April 2018

After our visit last year, which only saw the outside of this lovely Museum and gallery, when we saw a Living Social offer for the whole family to view & visit inside, we took it up. What a wonderful treat. We did not realise the work displayed was so extensive. After an hour or two, our family left and did something else, and my husband and I went back inside and saw it all over again. The top floor was given to artists displaying and selling their work. Such enormous talent contained in such a small area! The other floors displayed some small areas which had a specific theme, and generally donated items and some people's personal collections. Do not pass this place by - you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We happened upon this museum while walking along the river walk and it was great! The sculpture garden was beautiful and the collection inside the museum was also great—it was a great size collection; it was not overwhelming but was still very impressive

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is a relatively new museum that should be on your list of places not to be missed. The art is a mixture of traditional to contemporary and the collection of other pieces is well done. Check out the very nice gift shop too.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Right on the River Walk. Recommend stopping in. Well worth the price. Beautiful sculpture and art work. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I'm an artist and I did the Yanaguana Indian Art Market at the Briscoe in 2016. I had time on one of the days to go in a nd check out the actual museum itself. I absolutely LOVED it. Also just have to say that Jenny Chowning and the rest of the staff at the Briscoe are wonderful. I do art shows all over the country and as far as staff treatment I would rank the Briscoe up in the top 3. I am hoping to return to Yanaguana this year!

As for the museum itself, it is small but a lot of history of San Antonio and the West. I loved the saddle and spur collection. They also have a decent sized Native American Art collection in which I am pleased to say one of my baskets is in. The gift shop is full of nice and surprisingly reasonably priced items for a museum gift shop. I was able to purchase souvineers for myself and as gifts to bring home to my family for under 100 bucks. Definitely check out this museum when in San Antonio!

Date of experience: April 2017