“Date night”

Antler's Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Antler's Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 5,053 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: USD 50 - USD 75
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Far West Side
Cross street: Rogers Road
Description: Named for its impressive chandelier created from 500 sets of naturally shed antlers, our restaurant provides a unique Texas dining experience in the San Antonio Hill Country.
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We've been to this Hyatt many times prior to tonight but never to Antlers. Atmosphere is pleasing. Staff is exceptional especially Noah. The steaks were cooked to projection. The sides were tasty. The wine list is extensive. The coconut brûlée was super. A great meal.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We had the best time enjoying exquisite fruit soaked in wine. The heirloom tomato salad gazpacho was bright. The cheddar bacon biscuits with the churned butter was gobbled up quickly. We also tried the peach crostini infused with bourbon. Wow, very strong. This is the place to check out for a date night or to impress clients. The kids gave it a 10 out of 5 stars!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Hill country for couple of nights. We dined at Antlers Lodge one night. Thought the food and service was exceptional. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Everything about our experience here was perfect! Food was exceptional! Cooked to perfection, flavours and seasonings were spot on. Presentations were beautiful and the timing was very well orchestrated. Service was informative and friendly. Great and varied wine list. Charming ambiance. Sous chef came to our table to chat for a minute and he was so kind we wanted to ask him to sit with us if he would have had the time:) all in all, a memorable experience!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

It’s been at least 5 years since we last tried the Antlers Lodge. My husband and I were on a trip without kids and decided to give it another try.

Pros:
1. They followed my request on reservation for a table off to the side for more privacy.
2. The atmosphere of the restaurant is nice. We like the darker rooms for a romantic evening.
3. We had to reschedule our reservation for later and they were happy to accommodate.
4. The appetizers were good, not something I would crave and HAVE to return, but good. We had the crab cakes and fried oysters.
5. My husband left for a few minutes during the appetizer and the manager noticed and came over to the table offering to put the food under a heat lamp until he returned. I thought that was a nice gesture.
6. Our entrees, lamb and ribeye cap, were both good. Lamb was very salty, but tender.

Cons:
1. The table off to the side was good, but it was next to the kitchen, so my view were the servers drying dishes the entire time and it was noisier.
2. I asked for a glass of wine and after several minutes, had to ask again and after another several minutes it appeared.
3. The server didn’t ask us how we wanted our meat prepared or what sides my husband wanted (mine came with sides). We had to volunteer the information.
4. My water glass stayed empty most of the time and I had to ask for another glass of wine when my glass had clearly been empty for awhile.
5. The table was left uncleared after finishing courses.
6. We still hadn’t completely had a bad experience until the dessert. I feel like the dessert should always be on point, because it’s the last impression. We ordered the smoked pecan pie with ice cream. It was a small piece served on a long serving platter that just made it look that much smaller. We quickly noticed the ice cream wasn’t melting and after our first bite noticed the pie was still somewhat frozen.

Summary: $200 later and we left certain we wouldn’t be returning. The price is not equal to the quality of service and food at this restaurant. I debated on taking the time to write this review, but we spend so much time at the Hyatt HC that I still have hope that someone there will read the reviews and make the changes. It would be convenient to have a nice dinner while staying at the resort.