“Great lunch spot”

Laguna Madre
Ranked #418 of 5,053 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you are in the Westover Hills area during lunch time you gotta stop here. I was in the area and felt like some catfish. So I pulled in and got me a great catfish plate. I got 3 large pieces of catfish a mound of fries and coleslaw. I wasn't expecting so much fish, so I was surprised with the amount of catfish. I left full. If you are looking for a laid back place for a seafood lunch this is it.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I've eaten here before because I like their fish and chips, however each time has been a worse experience. I've often attributed that to the teenagers working there, but today I became convinced that it's bad management. I asked a friend to eat here after church today. He had a large breakfast so he ordered a small salad with fish. He asked for grilled fish. After he saw his bill, he questioned why it cost $2 more and had a different name than the menu. The clerk asked the manager what to do, who could be overheard to say, "Tell him it's because of the grilled request." IF a customer makes a special request, they should be told beforehand that it could involve an upcharge. Don't sneak it in and not say anything.
In the meantime, I had received my meal, and began to eat it because it was cooling off while we were waiting for my friend's order. I was halfway through my meal when my friend decided to ask for a refund since the meal was taking too long. The manager came to the register and entered a code and did not make eye contact or say anything to my friend. What kind of manager doesn't try to make things right when the restaurant is at fault?
I don't think I'll be back. If it's getting progressively worse, as it seems, why chance the next screw up. There are other places between church and home where I can get fish & chips that care about my patronage.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Good food, good prices and friendly staff. I wish I would have taken a picture of my plate to show how much food you get. Definitely will be going back!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Fish here gets 2 stars. Not good. Hush puppy was all-right. Fries were all right. Onion rings were good. Shrimp tacos were fantastic! They were quite simple with shrimp, tortilla, cabbage and sauce but it's a great combo and really good.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Our meal was quickly prepared, even though my wife ordered her fish grilled. The staff was friendly and courteous.