“Consistently good”
Review of Cappy's Restaurant

Cappy's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cappy's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 4,624 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Alamo Heights
Cross street: Mary D
Transit: VIA bus stop one block away at Broadway/Patterson. Broadway runs north-south from downtown to Loop 4l0.
Description: This casual, upscale restaurant offers innovative American cuisine including the freshest seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic and Pacific, great steaks from Allen Brothers in Chicago, and regional and seasonal specialties. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature local ingredients whenever possible. The Kobe beef burger can be paired with hand cut French fries, crispy thin onion rings, homemade lemon-pepper potato chip or potato salad. There is an outdoor patio under a canopy of oak trees that's shady and extremely popular with locals and visitors to San Antonio. The brunch offered on Sundays features a menu of classic egg dishes, fire-roasted prime rib, Texas pot roast, jumbo lump crab cake, and top entree salads, chicken and seafood dishes. Cappy's has an ever-changing, dynamic and well-priced wine list, with great choices by the glass or bottle. Full bar.
Texas
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and I eat here often. We love to split the burger. I get sautéed spinach, and he gets the fries. The complimentary muffins are always an added bonus. It's a greet place for lunch and dinner.

1 Thank TexasLuv2travl

Austin, TX
“One of the city's best”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Two friends and I enjoyed Cappy's on Broadway this week. One friend has food restriction challenges, so it can be hard for her to order. Our waiter, Jake, took her through the menu, not only pointing out what might fit her requirements, but also asking good questions to figure out what she likes. He knew the menu well and answered questions without having to run back to the kitchen first.

The food was delicious, and plentiful but not too much. Try the Cubano sandwich, new to the menu. Slow-cooked pork, wonderful ham (made there,not some supermarket sliced ham), swiss cheese and some light spice to give it just an interesting bit of heat.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated - again, not overdone. They're working on the patio, but it was too cold to eat outside anyway, and we were seated near the back window, so we had a "floor show" for some light lunch time entertainment. Even though they were packed, it wasn't noisy and my friends and I had no problem hearing each other.

There's also an extensive wine list.

1 Thank Neskya
Austin, TX
“Average food with average prices.”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Service was good for lunch as was the food presentation. Very reasonable prices for the various menu items.

Looking out from the patio tables you were able to observe the parking lot being redone. Not a real neat treat while you are eating.

San Antonio, Texas
“We take comfort in Cappy's existence”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We are huge fan's of Cappy's. This is our go to restaurant whenever we are looking for delicious, fresh, seasonal ingredients. The food and service are always first rate. In a town full of mexican restaurants (and I love mexican food) and fast food chains. It's comforting to know we can go to Cappy's for delicious treats! We love sitting on the tree covered deck sipping a yummy cocktail and eating small apps. Cappy's offers the best of both worlds. You can make it whatever you want - special occasions or a quick bite to enjoy an outdoor summer evening.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank tejasfox
San Antonio, Texas
“Quality through and through”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Cappy's has been well received in San Antonio for ages, but we just had our first visit recently. Husband, sister and I really enjoyed a relaxed and excellent dinner. Decor is original (restaurant is in an old refurbished building) and service was knowledgeable and professional. I am allergic to all dairy and the server consulted with the kitchen and returned with many choices, AND the chef was willing to adjust items so that I could enjoy many dishes. My sister had the prime rib, which she drooled over (asparagus and potatos were the sides). Husband enjoyed the large pork chop, which he described as juicy and well seasoned. I had the halibut: perfect, and I was raised on the Chesapeake Bay and know and love good seafood. The person preparing this fish really knew how to treat a fresh excellent speciman - often fish is overcooked, or seasoned so heavily that the true flavor and freshness (or not) of the fish is destroyed. I had a selection of raw oysters as an appetizer - again perfect. Husband and sister had different salads and they were totally pleased with them. Espresso was hot and strong; wine suggestions spot on. You just cannot go wrong at Cappy's. We are told that their lunch menu is very reasonable, and I cannot wait to try the mussles. My husband is anxious to try the lamb chops.

• Visited January 2012