“Fun, dirty, average food”
Review of Dick's Last Resort

Dick's Last Resort
Ranked #824 of 4,965 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: USD 20 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Navarro
Description: From rug-rats to old farts, from high-class to no-class, from the top of the food chain to the bottom of the barrel, it's fun for all and all in fun for those who dare to enter! Sit back and watch, or join in the fun. Dick's has always been known for its outrageous, surly, and energetic waitstaff who inflict humor upon our guests. Our atmosphere makes everyone feel like they're temporarily breaking all the rules... and getting away with it. Our servers always provide live entertainment, but if yer unlucky enough, you may even catch a questionable band playing classic rock, and there's never a cover charge... You may end up wearing a 2ft tall paper hat complete with a humorous slogan, or doused in a sea of napkins. There's never a dull moment in this 3-ring circus which is exactly how we earned our infamous reputation! Birthdays, bachelorettes, retirements, graduations, teams, school groups, divorces, funerals, corporate, holiday parties, etc... YOU NAME IT, WE CELEBRATE IT!!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Granted, the city was packed for the final four. I enjoyed the staff and the intentional "gruff" treatment (intentional), but the place was dirty and the food was average.

1  Thank Tim T

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This place is not for the weak at heart! The atmosphere is degrading and obnoxious and totally worth the wait. The servers are rude and their intention is for you to be treated with no respect! The whole experience is hilarious and great fun! I would go again and wait two hours. The food is ok but the beer is ice cold!

1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My husband, myself and our kids ate here and it was hilarious. You pay for crap service but it's a fun time anyway. My kids had a great time and loved the strawberry milk. The food is good as well. We are planning on returning!

1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

food was really good even though our waiter was a little slow catching on. We only had appetizers but they tasted pretty darn good.

1  Thank Jaylene S
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We waited for a table about 20 minutes. A table was open and didn't understand why we couldn't be seated there. Later, we were seated at the open table. Very confusing and frustrating.I was appalled when the server came to the table and threw silverware down and told us to pass it around! Then, I was told they were suppose to be RUDE. This attitude was difficult for me, but finally began to have fun with it. Some of the hat comments were a little raunchy for children in the restaurant. Prices for food was more than fast food, but we were on the Riverwalk. It was very loud! Probably wouldn't go back because I prefer a different type of restaurant. If our wait for a table was part of the rudeness, they should change their seating policy.

2  Thank Ellen38