“Busy busy!”

Boudro's
Ranked #34 of 4,967 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We dined here for lunch while at the NCAA basketball tourney. As expected, the place was slammed! Despite this, we were able to snag a table for 2 inside right away. If we had wanted to eat outside, it would've been a minimum 30 minute wait.

The mushroom appetizer on the dinner menu was SO GOOD! Without question, this was the best thing my husband and I had to eat the entire trip. It was so flavorful and if I ever returned, I bet we would both get it as our entree. The guac was just okay. I prefer the guac I make at home that has more flavor.

We had ordered drinks when we first got there, but the waiter forgot to bring them. It was no big deal since we are not drinkers, so I just had a drink with my dinner that night instead. The waiter was apologetic, but we totally understood due to the chaos that comes with the tourney.

Still a great stop!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,012)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This restaurant is located on the River Walk. We decided to stop in for lunch since the place was packed which we took as a sign that it must be good. We were not disappointed. Although we didn't order the guacamole prepared tableside, I would recommend it. Watching it was cool and it looked delicious. I had a grilled chicken salad which was divine and my son had the blue crab tostado. I thought he might pass out he thought it was so good. A must visit when you are in San Antonio.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel recommended this place and I was a little skeptical due to the location on the River Walk. Tourist area restaurants usually advertise well but fail to deliver. That’s not the case at Boudro’s. It was way better than I expected. Sarah was fantastic as my server and helped me with my selections. Not only did she know the menu completely, she also listened to me and answered my questions thoroughly. I had the Quail appetizer and the “Duck Three Ways” and both were delicious.
If you’re doing the “Tourist Thing” in San Antonio, and you want something better than the assembly line tourist dining experience, this is the place. This will be a required stop for me on future trips to San Antonio.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The guacamole prepared at the table was AMAZING. They have the recipe on their website which I've already printed and sent to a friend. I had the flank steak surrounded by grilled vegetables and it was so, so good. We didn't have a reservation on a Sunday afternoon, the weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament but they got us right in and seated at a table. The server was attentive, the food divine. I will revisit this establishment if in the area again. Thank you Boudro's for an excellent meal.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have been to SA and the River Walk enough times we “know what we like”. However, change is good so we looked on Trip Advisor to see what was highest rated and Boudro’s caught our eye. It’s an unassuming resturaunt front with absolutely delicious food. Its sandwiched between a Mexican food place and The Republic. It was described to us as the place w red Pringle style umbrellas, totally true.

Now the food... Fried oyster appetizer that tasted nothing like any fried oyster I’ve ever had, we agreed was very good! My husband had the Blackened Prime Rib and I had the Blackened Mahi Mahi and both were outstanding. Ended w the double chocolate brownie dessert.

Good food, excellent service and a beautiful evening. Blessed indeed.

Been to Boudro's? Share your experiences!