“Maybe it’s just me...”

Sazon Mexican Cafe
Ranked #592 of 5,051 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

This place is busy! The servers are good. Reviews were great. The ice tea was undrinkable. This was my first experience with “stewed” fajitas and I hope, my last. Not at all what I expected, liked or enjoyed. The cheese enchiladas were good. Not a place I would recommend or return. Kinda wishing I had gone to ... anywhere else.

Javier S, Owner at Sazon Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

We have Great reviews for a good reason. We strive each and every day to do our best and make every customer’s visit a pleasant one. Not sure what happened on your visit and wish I would of been able to make it better for you or a least you give us another chance. We sell gallons upon gallons of tea each day so not sure what happened there but that could of been easily fixed. As far as the fajitas, again we sell pounds weekly. Ours are not chargrilled like many places, we cook ours on a flat top griddle as we’ve done since we opened over 10yrs ago. They are cooked on the flat top in their own juices. Again sorry your visit was not what you expected, liked or enjoyed but I’d hope you give another chance to make it up to you.
Javier

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Most neighborhoods have their own Mexican restaurants, but this one is worth the visit. The menudo, caldo, barbacoa, and chilaquiles are my "go-to's" here, as they never disappoint. The tortillas, both corn and flour are outstanding. The coffee needs a little work, but not bad altogether. Maybe venturing to another brand wouldn't be bad idea. The place is always clean, and the servers are genuine.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Wonderful mom and pops style Mexican restaurant. Authentic food and atmosphere makes this a can't miss destination to fill your appetite.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We frequent this restaurant because the staff is friendly, food is affordable and tastes good. If you plan to go for weekend breakfast, better go early because you will have to wait to get a seat.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Not only was the food excellent, but the service was impeccable, extremely friendly and attentive. Mexican food is authentic and they even serve menudo and barbacoa, super tasty. The place is small and always packed, but we never have to wait long. They do close at 2:30, so get there early! If you love homemade Mexican food, with caring service, this is the place!

Javier S, Owner at Sazon Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for the great review. We pride ourselves in great food and customer service so we are glad you enjoyed your visit to Sazon. Hope to see you again soon!