“Really like this place!”

Thirsty Horse Saloon
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I only gave it a four but that is negotiable to higher than that! And it dropped only because one of the male bartenders was a...hmm...let's keep this clean and just say he wasn't nice! Anyways - most of the bartenders are great, beer is reasonably priced and cold, weekly specials, large dance floor, clean restroom, NON SMOKING (per city ordinance) but a large smoking area, great bands, DJ before and inbetween bands, LARGE TV, several bars and beer stations and NO ADMISSION CHARGED!!! What is not to like about this place!!??

1  Thank Jim S

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have relatives in San Antonio, so we asked her to take us to a place with country music. First off, the place is pretty good sized for a lot of dancers. There was a band playing, always like to see local talent. I actually learned a simple 2 step. Really fun!
The drinks weren't expensive either, like some touristy places. Just a bunch of Texans having a good time.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

First off, I am not a cowboy and have no pretensions to be. We went dancing here at the insistence of one of our group members, and I was pleasantly surprised. The bar is not conveniently located, but huge and the live music the night we went was stellar. Drinks are cheap. The dancing was fun. I'd go back here when next in town.

1  Thank NomeMan