Riverwalk Vista
USD 218*
USD 243*
USD 220*
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
USD 279*
USD 337*
  • Restaurant
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
USD 160*
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
USD 154*
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
USD 359*
USD 260*
  • Pool
All reviewsstreet noisecomplimentary wineafternoon cookieswood floorsfresh baked cookiesteddy bear on the bednoise machinehistoric buildingcommerce streettall ceilingsbed and breakfastmodern bathroomsmall hotelcommon areasconvention centerthe river walkcharming hotel
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My college age daughter and I stayed here for 4 nights in March. We chose it for the location, which was excellent, and because there were 2 room suites. The suite made lodging much more affordable than booking 2 sepapate rooms elsewhere. However, the pullout couch was so uncomfortable that my daughter chose to just sleep on the couch. She didn't mind but it is something that you need to be aware of. We arrived late at night and the manager was waiting to let us in. She gave us one key then promptly left. The night watchmen showed us the breakfast room (the breakfasts are really good with home baked goods) and then to our suite. There is no one at the desk in the entry. You gain entrance by entering a code. We didn't learn until we were trying to find someone when we were ready to check out that there is a manager's office on the third floor, cookies in the afternoon and an evening wine social, all which would have been nice/helpful to know so we could have gotten a second key or asked questions about restaurants, etc. The property is nicely furnished with several cozy sitting areas. The rooms are a bit noisy at night. The housekeeping is spotty. The shower is great. No tub.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank paulaKansas
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We try and get to this beautiful inn as often as possible. The building is beautiful and full of historical pictures and items that will keep you busy trying to take it all in. It overlooks the riverwalk in San Antonio and is within walking distance of shopping and the incredible riverwalk restaurants. You have to park in an off site parking garage, but once you're there, everything you need to have a great weekend is either a stroll or tram away. We love the King Aregon suite and request it everytime so we can lounge in the comfy leather chairs and people watch from the huge windows (especially fun on Halloween). Great breakfasts and the rooms will spoil you. Call the inn keepers to arrange for special occasions and they will help you put the special touches that make staying there a staple in your romantic getaways! They made my birthday SO special!! Well, my husband helped...

Room Tip: Rooms that face the riverwalk are wonderful for the views; however, if you need total quiet to sleep, the nightlife surrounding the river may disturb you. They have plenty of quieter rooms on the other side of the inn.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StaceyNDevo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed at the Vista this past weekend. We loved it. Very private feeling. Staff was very nice and our room was clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face the river walk.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank joe b
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just returned from a week long stay in San Antonio at the Riverwalk Vista. The main purpose of the trip was to attend a conference at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center but I added a few days for a mini-vacation. I was impressed in countless ways by the service and experience but I will try to include a few here:

+ Location, location, location. For me, the hotel was in the absolute perfect location. I read in other reviews that it was located "just minutes" away from everything but that is an understatement. It is literally 3 minutes from the Rivercenter Mall, 2 minutes from the Alamo, 3 minutes from the Convention Center, and adjacent to the Riverwalk with all of its attractions.

+ The experience. I like old stuff. I also like it when old things are re-purposed to extend their useful life. Therefore I love how they have converted the upper floors of an old commercial building into a very comfortable place to stay. It is no understatement to say it "feels like home" and that it is nothing like staying in the typical high-rise hotel in a downtown area. From spending time in my room to spending time with others in the common areas of the hotel, I loved the comfortable chairs, easy music, and overall feeling of the place.

+ The staff. This is the truly special part. Everyone we met was friendly, helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. Thank you to Catherine for all your help with check-in and dinner reservations. A big thanks to Jean for saving me with a last minute set of dinner reservations for a very large group we were meeting with. And thank you to Patty for all the information about the area, some great cookies, and those carrot and cinnamon muffins Sunday morning. Everyone was great.

And the negatives? I don't really have any. Many others have written reviews mentioning the large amount of noise from the streets below. That was my largest single concern since I was making arrangements for and travelling with 8 others for this trip. However, my concerns were unfounded. I personally didn't even notice the noise when going to sleep and I didn't hear any serious complaints from the rest of the group. It should be noted that our stay coincided with 2 Spurs home games, Spring Break and the first 80 degree weather of the year, and St. Patrick's Day weekend with all of its associated activities. That has to be a "worst case" scenario!

Bottom line. I loved it and I'm looking for an excuse to return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JimInKentucky
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Perfect location, right by the riverwalk. Our room had a view of the other side of the street, which was nice! The staff was willing to help and the breakfast was nice. Each room was unique and had character, which I liked. It was small enough to feel special but big enough not to be a b&b. The only "complaint" i have is that it is expensive, but all hotels near the riverwalk are. I would stay there again no questions asked, which I think is high praise for any hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple