“Food is awesome, period.”
Review of Rudy's Bar-B-Q

Rudy's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #8 of 128 Quick Bites in San Antonio
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Far West Side
Description: Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q serves Real Texas Bar-B-Q seven days a week. They offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and group meals.
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Was a cold night tonight and rainy, so I had placed my order online and picked it up to go. Tried the brisket, ribs, and sausage, all of which were outstanding, and I've traveled all over and had plenty of BBQ in many states. The cole slaw was good, nothing outstanding, but good. The cream corn however, was simply brilliant. If you're in the area, give it a shot, it's worth the effort and time.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2018

The last time I was here was my surprise birthday party Sept the 6th, when my kids invited all our friends and family for a great dinner and BD party. This time I had my Navy ship buddies here on the Canopus Reunion. I had not seen my crew for 47 years and they came here for the reunion so It would be in my back yard. They really took care of us and we had a late night and all the staff made everybody more than welcome and catered us like we were family. Thanks so much

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Texascouple9290
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

My sister and her husband took me here and it was great. The food, the experience and the staff, all great. We split some brisket, BBQ’d turkey and a sausage. Also some creamed corn and slaw. The food was just great. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Granted the atmosphere ( part gas station, part BBQ joint) felt like old Texas, but the food was disappointing. My 1/2 brisket was just average, lacking much flavor without drenching it in sauce. My wife's ribs were burnt so bad we brought them back for a replacement order, which was better, but still not great. The cole slaw was also flavorless, although the creamed corn was very good. There are better BBQ restaurants just about anywhere.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Had just left Lackland AFB and decided to stop here for dinner. Food was very good like it usually is here and service was good as well. Hard to beat the Brisket sandwich at Rudy's. Good stop!