Female traveling for work. I booked this hotel because it was the last place I could find available. (I had no idea it was spring break.)
Hotel itself is nice enough. I was booked into a Handicap room, which was not OK, however it was the last room available. I will not comment on that room because it didn't fit my needs. I requested a room change the next day and was given one without incident.
I was moved into a King room, street side. The room is large and has plenty of space. The bathroom area is ok. The shower is large and was nice enough. (No tub.) The bed was comfortable. I didn't have any problems with any noise, but I always wear ear plugs anyway. Some have commented on the room not being clean. This was not the case with my stay. I thought my room was very clean.
There is a sink and fridge area. The fridge wasn't the coldest, but I cranked it all the way up and it worked "ok".
The desk area was handy - especially for someone traveling for work.
Riverwalk - If being close to the Riverwalk attractions is important, then stay somewhere else. I inquired at the desk the first day if it was safe to walk the distance to the attractions. The clerk assured me that it was. I can tell you that I did NOT feel safe, being a female traveling alone.
I have stayed on the Riverwalk for years now, this hotel is quite a distance from restaurants, shopping, etc. You can walk out the back door and be right on the river, but it is not where the attractions are. I felt isolated walking by myself. On my way back to the hotel at night, I figured it would be quicker to go street-side and cut the time/distance. I actually waited for a group of others heading my way and followed closely behind. Personally, I would not recommend it alone... just sayin. If you have others with you, you might feel differently. The next night I drove closer to the Riverwalk and paid to park.
The hotel free parking is nice if that is important to you. My company pays for parking, so I would rather valet and be closer.
I cannot comment on breakfast as I didn't ever go down for it.
The pool area was nice enough - I went out and read for awhile. The actual water was pretty cluttered with leaves and soggy potato chips... don't know what was up with that... Not sure I would have let my kids swim or not (had they been with me).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking fee $15.00 per night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Amerisuites San Antonio
- Amerisuites Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk Texas