New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk

Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk
Ranked #34 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Kaysville, Utah
“Not Close to Riverwalk "Attractions"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Female traveling for work. I booked this hotel because it was the last place I could find available. (I had no idea it was spring break.)

Hotel itself is nice enough. I was booked into a Handicap room, which was not OK, however it was the last room available. I will not comment on that room because it didn't fit my needs. I requested a room change the next day and was given one without incident.

I was moved into a King room, street side. The room is large and has plenty of space. The bathroom area is ok. The shower is large and was nice enough. (No tub.) The bed was comfortable. I didn't have any problems with any noise, but I always wear ear plugs anyway. Some have commented on the room not being clean. This was not the case with my stay. I thought my room was very clean.

There is a sink and fridge area. The fridge wasn't the coldest, but I cranked it all the way up and it worked "ok".

The desk area was handy - especially for someone traveling for work.

Riverwalk - If being close to the Riverwalk attractions is important, then stay somewhere else. I inquired at the desk the first day if it was safe to walk the distance to the attractions. The clerk assured me that it was. I can tell you that I did NOT feel safe, being a female traveling alone.

I have stayed on the Riverwalk for years now, this hotel is quite a distance from restaurants, shopping, etc. You can walk out the back door and be right on the river, but it is not where the attractions are. I felt isolated walking by myself. On my way back to the hotel at night, I figured it would be quicker to go street-side and cut the time/distance. I actually waited for a group of others heading my way and followed closely behind. Personally, I would not recommend it alone... just sayin. If you have others with you, you might feel differently. The next night I drove closer to the Riverwalk and paid to park.

The hotel free parking is nice if that is important to you. My company pays for parking, so I would rather valet and be closer.

I cannot comment on breakfast as I didn't ever go down for it.

The pool area was nice enough - I went out and read for awhile. The actual water was pretty cluttered with leaves and soggy potato chips... don't know what was up with that... Not sure I would have let my kids swim or not (had they been with me).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We took our son for a 3 day birthday trip in December 2011. We were all thrilled with this Hyatt! We got a great room with lots of space! The folks there were very accommodating and so sweet. There is free parking and free wi-fi! Yay!

Room Tip: There was no access to the Riverwalk at the time, but we weren't needing one anyhow as we had mo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra9193
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We just got back from a wonderful trip to San Antonio. Celebrated our 20th anniversary. If you're looking for the most bang for your buck, this is a wonderful place!, Free wi-fi in your room, free parking, and continental breakfast too! The real cherry on top was that all the major attractions are a 10- minute walk. And did I mention they're on the River Walk???? The rooms are extremely well designed, it includes a mini-living room. A+ on lighting too! Just cannot say enough good things about this place. We rented a car, but at this location you don't really need it unless your going to Austin, or the Hill Country for the day. I'm almost positive you can even take a bus from SAT Airport to the front of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rc F
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife, son and I just returned from our trip to San Antonio and we really loved our stay at the Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk. For starters the location of the hotel is great. It’s a five minute walk from the Alamo, a 30 second walk to the King William district, right on the Riverwalk (although not the tourist section for which we were thankful, which is a 3 minute walk away.
The complimentary breakfast that the hotel provided was nothing lavish (fruit, cereals, toast, knock off egg mcmuffins, fruit danish, and pancakes on our last day) but everything tasted good. Most importantly the coffee was hot, and the juice was cold.
This Hyatt has somewhat of a self-service feel (we checked in via a kiosk) and it doesn’t have a restaurant. That being said, the staff members of the hotel were amazing. Everyone was super friendly and they do have a little display case with desserts and beverages. Do yourself a favor and get a piece of the chocolate cheesecake, it’s delicious.
Do you self a favor a rent a car or drive to the hotel because the parking is free at the hotel. Our stay was for 3 days and San Antonio started to run out of things to do so we drove to Comfort, Texas as well as Castroville, Texas which provided nice little outings.
All and all, if I ever find myself in San Antonio again, I would love to be a guest of this Hyatt’s again.

Room Tip: If you happen to have a room facing the riverwalk, make sure you ask for one with a balcony. We did...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JPDucks
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

The Hyatt Place San Antonio Riverwalk is a great place for a weekend get away to San Antonio. We came here for a competition at the Alamodome and found it easy to get to and from and very easy and free for parking. Something very few Riverwalk hotels can boast. The service staff were extremely friendly and I'm sure would've taken care of any needs we had, if we had any. The breakfast was very good, fresh, plentyful, well arranged , and had a great variety. The coffee was fresh and they offered fresh brewed Starbucks as well. Something I find at all Hyatts now I think. The beds were comfortable and the room was very "roomy". With room for 5.

• Stayed February 2012