“Long day!”

Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #60 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

Today was a very hectic day for my boyfriend that has been traveling all day long. (Delay after delay) I wanted to make sure he had something special waiting on him when he got to the room. So I called up the hotel and spoke to Josie. She understood my demands and never once made me feel like a crazy girlfriend checking in on her boyfriend because I had tons of questions about the hotel that he was staying at (only because I wanted to know my options on what surprises I could do) So, she told me she would take care of the details and when he arrived to the room there was chocolate covered strawberries waiting on him. Which was exactly what he needed after traveling for several hours. Even though the note was missing to tied it together. I appreciate her going out of her way to not only put a smile on my face but his as well. Her actions didn't go unnoticed. Her customer service skills are superb. I am very appreciative for what she did because she didnt have to go out of her way but she did. Take care and may God bless her! Thank you!

(Picture caption) The lighting doesn't do it any justice.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts that Josie put forward to assist you in making your boyfriend's arrival as special as possible. I look forward to having the opportunity to acknowledge Josie's actions in front of her peers so that we can use this story as a great example for the rest of our associates to follow.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

I Recently stay for three night at this awesome property with my family to celebrate my dads 52nd birthday and to visit my brother and soon to be sister in law. We came all the way from sarasota florida to enjoy a fun filled weekend. When we arrived in the afternoon thursday I was greeted by Alex at the Front desk who was very professional and accomidationing. I messed up my res forgetting to book a second room and Alex went above and beyond by giving us great downtown view rooms connectting on a high floor, turning my mistake into a positve experience which im very grateful for. the river walk was the best part of the stay so many great resturants and bar wish we had more time to experience more of it. Also i would like to recognize Ashley at the front desk who graciously gave us an extended check out and even helped store our luggage till we had to leave for our flight at 3. All in all one of best family trip ever!!
A++++

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. I look forward to having the opportunity to share your feedback with Alex and Ashley at our next associate gathering. We are honored that you allowed us the opportunity to be your host during your family trip and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

We were in a room on the 8th floor and it was very quiet. We loved being able to walk out the back door onto the Riverwalk, and just a short stroll to restaurants and fun. The front entrance area is too small which makes valet parking, drop off a little chaotic. Overall good experience. And my Horned Frogs won the Alamo Bowl!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Go Frogs Go!

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your host during this years Alamo Bowl. Our unique hotel on the Riverwalk is unlike any other hotel in the Marriott system. In fact our hotel is only 55 feet wide, which creates it own set of operational challenges including our small front drive and entry. We are glad you were able to enjoy the convenience of accessing the Riverwalk from our backdoor and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel, as we explored more and more where to stay. We stayed over the Christmas weekend, and as with the first time back in August, the service is OK, typical of all Courtyards. Our housekeeper, Pilar, did a great job with our room while we were away. We had the most inconvenient when we checked out with the valet parking. I called at about 10:05, and was told it'd be ready in 15 minutes. At 10:20, we were waiting near the door waiting for our car (the cold front had just come in that morning in SA). At 10:35 I asked them again about my car, and the valet attendants said it was on their way. At 11:00am, I checked with them again, only for them to realize the key had always been there. This was completely unacceptable given the valet charge we had. For this type of service, I could have parked anywhere and don't think we should have even been charged. Be sure to explore other parking options. It's usually a bunch of kids in the valet parking anyway, and usually takes long from my first and second experience. The attendant checking in/out seemed to have a hearing problem, and had a "meh" attitude. I don't think I would stay at this hotel again, there's much better options like the Hyatt in the center of it all, or other hotels with better location and even pricing.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to comment on you most recent experience at the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. On behalf of the Courtyard Riverwalk team please accept my apologies for the challenges you experienced with our valet team at time of checkout. Only through honest feedback, from guests such as you, are we able to identify our areas of opportunity so that we can make the necessary corrections in our service delivery. I will be personally sharing your feedback with the entire valet team so that they can understand our failure to meet your expectations.

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person so that I may apologize in person and hopefully have the opportunity to welcome you back so that we can properly demonstrate our ability to provide the Marriott service our guests have come to expect over the years.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

We had our rehearsal dinner, welcome drinks, and wedding reception at the hotel. Tracy Pinkerton and her staff were absolutely wonderful and the food was amazing!! I would highly recommend this venue, you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for allowing us to be your host on your very special day, we are honored that you choose us! On behalf of the entire Courtyard Riverwalk team we wish you and your new husband a lifetime of love and happiness.