All reviews the river great location typical courtyard valet parking valet service restaurants and bars starbucks coffee direct access balcony room front desk staff high floor small fridge other hotels would stay here again room key per night bed and pillows
Reviewed 26 February 2012

When on a business trip, I have very little influence as to where my company boards me at. I was very pleasantly surprised by their choice with the Courtyard San Antonio. I am glad I had the GPS working, since I would of driven by it several times. The entrance is really quite small with a drive in which may be only 5 yards wide. The hotel itself is very well appointed. A large area for the bar with easy access to the Riverwalk was welcoming. They have a little market area next to check desk, where you can pick up some munchies and beers if you wish to take to your room.

My room was quite nice. I would definitely suggest for you to get a room on the higher floors, since my windows looked out about waist high to the pool area. My bed was very comfortable, pillows are a little fluffier than what I like. The bathroom was large with a great shower. It seemed like the rooms had been renovated fairly recently? Everything was clean and came with complimentary wi-fi which worked like a champ. The TV unfortunately would allow you to watch if you wanted to lay in the bed, but that was a minor inconvenience. I stayed in room 308.

The meeting rooms where I spent most of the time were large enough to handle a group of 55 or so. Most of our meals lunch were buffet style and there was plenty! it was pretty much standard fair, nothing horrible, nothing really fantastic, but in all hit the spot.

All being said, they did a good job on this trip and if I happen to be in San Antonio for pleasure I would definitely consider this as a choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jensoid
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here for a weekend in February when my husband was on business. Overall, I was not impressed with San Antonio. The hotel is right on the river walk but a bit off the main drag of it which is good, because I imagine the river walk would get noisy if you were staying right there. San Antonio itself is maybe not for everyone - I found it to be a little charming, but mostly full of drunk people wandering around narrow river-walk streets overflowing with restaurant chairs, mariachi bands and, to boot, there was no railing - I have no idea how many people fall into the polluted river every year.

ANYWAY, the Courtyard was actually quite nice. The staff was super friendly, the room was very nice, the hotel had amazing security (which seemed like it was needed - I didn't feel all that safe unless I was down on the river-walk, and I am not one of those "I never feel safe unless I'm in the suburbs" kind of women), and the bistro staff was quite good as well. The gym, although small, had everything I needed including one of the best elliptical machines I've been on in a while (I made note of the model in case we move to a bigger house so I can have a home gym). I would recommend the hotel. San Antonio - not so much. But the hotel, definitely.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MJPourpak
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I absolutely love this hotel. The Asian inspired, feng-shui designed room greeted me like a small paradise retreat. The bathrooms were ample in size and beautiful. We have stayed twice and both times, it was romantic and inviting. We could have spent the entire weekend in the hotel. The balcony was small but the view of the non-crowded side of the river was a treasured find. We rarely saw another guest even though the hotel was booked. The valet parking was reasonably priced. If I had to point out one thing I disliked, it would the delay in check in and check out. However, everything else more than made up for that!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Ronikki
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Hotel was a little hard to locate and when I did find it, I was concerned that most rooms might have an alley view...that was until I checked into my room and had a great view of the riverwalk area. Hotel was typical Courtyard setting, (which I always like), in an older hotel building - done nicely. I found the staff to be very nice and helpful when I had problems printig up boarding passes...I have security, front desk ETAL working on the problem at 1:00AM... Anyway, will gladly stay there again...

Room Tip: Be a rewards member...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard River Walk with my husband for three nights in January. Nice location, clean hotel and very friendly staff. However, the bed and pillows were very uncomfortable. The bed was very hard so perhaps would be comfortable for some people. The heating/ac unit was so noisy that we even turned it off but it actually made more noise then; I assume the condenser was the main problem, there was no way to stop the noise. One day we did not receive any housekeeping services although when I called the front desk to request fresh towels, my request was responded to immediately. The day of our checkout both mine and my husbands key card were erased prior to our checking out. It took multiple trips to the front desk to obtain new keys that would actually work. So several hassles made this trip less than ideal however every interaction with the hotel staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Angela R
Kellie S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our hotel and we welcome all types of feedback. I am sorry to hear your stay was unsatisfactory due to the quality of sleep. Please note we are looking into the noise issue and will have a resolution quickly. I appreciate your comments about our service and staff. We pride ourselves on our team members and the service they provide. I’m happy to discuss your stay further if you’d like to contact me directly. Best Regards, Kellie Smith, General Manager