“Fantastic Stay Without Breaking the Bank”

Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park
Ranked #257 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Denver, CO
“Fantastic Stay Without Breaking the Bank”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I couldn't be more impressed with this hotel and my wallet appreciated it as it was very reasonably priced!!! My room was quiet, clean and not to mention it smelled fresh, my bed was comfortable, the breakfast was AMAZING...much better then any breakfast I have ever had at a hotel, and that is just the beginning because as I spoke with the front desk, I learned that the hotel is about to be renovated. The hotel already has a nice, clean, eye catching look on the outside, as it was just painted too. And the service, oh, I could go on for days about how awesome they are. They are professional, helpful, generous, and willing to go the extra mile to help with directions and suggestions. This amenity rich hotel was great because I could keep my snacks in the fridge, warm them in the microwave, and my wife did not have to bring along her hair dryer or an iron. I think I have found my home away from home, as I travel to SA frequently to visit family. Can not wait to come back here!

Room Tip: Quiet hotel and the suites are HUGE!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack D
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
It feels extremely good to know that we offer a good, clean product at a relatively lower price than anyone else in the area and/or town. Please to consider us on your future travels to the Alamo City.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta
Reviewed 4 November 2011

PRIOR to New Mgmt- I stayed previously and wasn't very happy with the service I received from the previous staff. Breakfast was very sparce and nothing like I had expected a Complimentary HOT breakfast to be. the Owner was extremely rude upon checking in, as though I was disturbing him. Once I learned of new mgmt I thought I'd give it one last chance. I was extremely impressed. The price was perfect. But most of all the staff was friendly and very helpful. Linens and towels had been upgraded, as well as comforters, etc. The entire lobby and public areas were clean. Most importantly, my room was clean, and comfortable. It was definately a peaceful and pleasant stay. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rena R
The property is under new management since the last week in July. We are working extremely hard on making every stay comfortable to ensure you go back home wanting to return to our Howard Johnson in the beautiful city of San Antonio. If we can assist you on your future travels, feel free to contact us at anytime.
Austin
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I had a wonderful stay here. First off, it seems like the hotel has new paint outside so it seems like they have started renovations since it's under new management now. The front desk informed me that eventually, the whole hotel will be renovated. That's good to know because now I have something to look forward to next time I visit San Antonio. The breakfast is pretty cool. Eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. for free? Kinda like IHOP but inside of a hotel. Front desk clerks made me feel like I was home. The rooms are clean and that's all I want when I put my head down. I could care less for the fanciest technology. I wanted to pay a minimal price for a hotel stay and that's why I stayed here. Good work HOJO. Keep it up!!

Room Tip: I got a room by the back because I had to wash clothes which is closer to the laundry room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo