We had a lovely time at the Hotel Indigo Riverwalk. Walking up to it, it looks like a lovely hacienda! Inside was modern and clean.
The staff was friendly and helpful. We were given free breakfast vouchers - and breakfast was excellent - it was a hot made to order meal - not the usual breakfast set up with cold cereal, pastries and a waffle maker. That was a very nice touch.
The hotel does show some wear and tear - our balcony had water dripping on it, and the wallpaper behind the headboard was peeling.
But the room was clean, nice bath amenities, clean and cold fridge, clean hard surface floors (sometimes I wonder what is in the carpet!), comfortable bed and linens. Nice set up with table, chairs and ottoman. Flat screen TV was good quality.
I was not fond of the rainwater shower head - not enough pressure for me with my long hair - but others might really like it.
The location is away from the hub-ub of the Riverwalk, but an easy water taxi ride (get the 24 hour pass if you plan to spend much time). If you enjoy walking, the main Riverwalk is not too far.
Parking seemed tight, but we always found a spot, and they have onsite security in the parking lot. We only paid $7.50 per day for parking, which is much less than any other hotel on the Riverwalk.
Internet access was hit or miss - sometimes it was great - but I suspect it could use more capacity for peak times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites
- Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk Texas