1,007 results
All reviews the river aveda products tobin center front desk keurig coffee maker water taxi stop minute walk wood floors nice hotel san antonio riverwalk would stay here again street level room was large restaurants and shops the pearl downtown area balcony
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I arrived with an injury to my shoulder so I wanted things easy. When I asked if this was IHG or Marriott rewards the desk guy said neither but I looked around and pointed out it was IHG so I could get my points. Then I had to park almost 2 blocks away in a secondary lot meaning many trips to the car to get my stuff to the room with one arm. I am not only IHG Rewards but spire elite AND I have IHG rewards credit card so I usually get an upgrade, and I have stayed here many times and it is quaint and convenient.
This time I was put in a first floor room with a view of an alley and fence ( this is supposed to be " on the river walk").. The ice machine was gone so I was sent upstairs to find another ice machine. I actually got the bartender to get me some ice. , My view is an alley and there were flies in the room but I was tired so I just wanted to work in my room and go to sleep but when I turned on my computer I had between zero and one bar ( zero at the desk in the room) so I couldn't even use the internet so when I called downstairs I found out the hotel had plenty of extra rooms. I told the night manager that had just arrived that I wanted a new room.
He quickly found a room with a view with excellent signal, no flies. The new room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and everything worked as far as bathroom and TV. The desk guy that was there when I arrived at 10 pm was terrible and did not give me anything for being a loyal hG rewards and Spire member but the night manager saved the day with his attentiveness and professionalism. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: River view and not on first floor, it's a bad neighborhood.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
RWIndigo, Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate and value any and all feedback from our guests. I sincerely apologize for the initial issues you experienced during your stay with us, but I am so glad we were able to turn it around! We definitely appreciate all of our guests, but our IHG guests that much more for their continued loyalty. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to do better and choosing to come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 20 March 2016

My friend and I went for an extended weekend and found this hotel on group on. The customer service was excellent. You can text the hotel as a concierge service. Very pet friendly! The room was clean and the lobby even had a fresh smell. Even though the hotel is on the Riverwalk it is not in the heart of the tourist area which makes it quiet and restful.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
RWIndigo, Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found great things about the hotel and our texting system helpful. Please consider us for your future trips to beautiful San Antonio!

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Came for spring break for 3 nights. Hotel is at the beginning of the river walk and is hidden. Interior is very nice, front desk very nice. Our room was on the first floor, beds very comfy. View was lackluster, I would request the 2 or 3 floor next time, they get balconies. Nice outdoor area by river walk to sit by. Bistro open 24 hours. Had a weird experience at the bar, no bartender was there for 15 minutes! So we left and got drinks elsewhere. Parking lot is across the street and isn't covered, so paying 15 dollars a night for an uncovered parking lot is a little steep. Short walk to all river walk restaraunts and Alamo. Great for what you pay.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found great things about the hotel. I do apologize about the experience you had at the bar. Your comments will be shared with the Bar Manager and properly addressed. Please don't let that deter you from considering us for your future trips to beautiful San Antonio!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

My family and I took a road trip to San Antonio for spring break. We normally stay at a hotel by Riverwalk . This time I decided to try a hotel away from the crowd but still by the River walk. Hotel Indigo looked fairly decent. So we thought.

On checking -in the one staff member looked bored. Ok, fine we can handle that. Room. It was large but it looked like it could do with some deep cleaning. The whole time we were in the room , we kept our shoes on!! The floor felt dirty.

Then at about 1.00 a.m there were guest speaking loudly and creating a raucous in hallway near front desk!! They did nothing. This kept going on intermittently throughout night. When told about it they looked indifferent. The staff look unqualified to perform task.

The whole stay we dreaded coming back to hotel. So my warning is to warn you about Hotel Indigo as it is a waste of your precious dollars.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
RWIndigo, Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate and value any and all feedback from our guests. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us! Your comments have been passed on to our Front Office Manager and Housekeeping Manager so that they may be used as a teaching tool not only to prevent this from happening in the future, but to ensure we are doing our best for every guest every time. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to do better!

Reviewed 18 March 2016

This is a great hotel with a personal feel to it. Clean, comfortable, nice decor, super-friendly staff. Rooms vary in size and amenities -- all are fairly large, some with balconies, some overlooking the Riverwalk. It is 10 minutes' walk to the Alamo or the main touristy part of the Riverwalk, but far enough away that it is quiet. Breakfast is pricey ($2 for an apple???), but hey -- it's a big city. The hotel has a full-service bar. It's a bit of a walk to most restaurants -- maybe 10-15 minutes. My new favorite choice in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and discuss it -- there are a wide variety of rooms at different prices.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
RWIndigo, Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found great things about the hotel and the city. Please consider us for your future trips to beautiful San Antonio!