“Fun family teip”

Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch
Ranked #39 of 286 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: An African Safari, Texas Style. View and feed species from all over the world in the comfort of your own car.
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Going to the Wildlife Ranch was certainly the highlight of our trip! We received a discount on our admission because we have a military ID card. It’s pricey! $22/adults, $13.50 for kids 3-11(i think), and under 3 is free. You get two bags of feed for free. You’ll want more so buy it at the admission booth.
You’ll travel through various areas in the park and the animals come directly to your car to eat, straight from your hand. Beware of the ostriches and emus, they will grab your finger skin along with the food!
If you need it to be a quicker trip, there are two different spots you can opt to take a shorter version. Today people were stopping for a long time so it increased the trip time. You can pass stopped cars as long as you aren’t endangering the animals.
Afterwards (or before the safari) there is a walk about area with a petting zoo, a gift shop and a place to eat. Halfway through the trip, there is a place called the Sweet Spot, which is your one chance out on the “safari” to stop for restrooms or a snack.
My kids loved this park and my 2 year old now wants to feed every animal she sees!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"fun experience"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 14 March 2018

My grown son, 38 and my grown daughter, 28 and I all went to the ranch today. We received a discount because my son is a Deputy Sheriff, it still totaled 57.00. I expected way more than we saw. I do not mean any disrespect to this ranch, I am grateful these beautiful animals are being taken care of but not one came close to our car, there were not that many varieties and quite frankly, I feel as if we literally gave away 57 dollars for a hour ride at most. Extremely disappointed and I would not recommend this ranch. I understand that it takes money to run such an operation, but charging per car, not per person perhaps would be the best way to go.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the drive. The giraffes are awesome. A lot of animals moving around and we got some great pictures.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The animals are all loose here and you drive right through their habitats. Some will come right up to your car hoping to be fed. It takes about 1.5hrs to drive through, but you could probably take much longer.

1  Thank JH2014