“Fun family teip”

Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch
Ranked #38 of 231 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch is an African Safari, Texas-Style. View and feed more than 500 animals representing over 40 species from all over the world in the comfort of your own car. Since 1984, 450 acres of rolling hills, creek beds, and magnificent oak trees that make up the safari drive-thru in the scenic Texas Hill Country has been open to the public. Additionally, the Walk-A-Bout area features several bird and primate species, a Petting Barn, the Safari Camp Grill, and the Safari Trading Post gift shop. The Texas Land Heritage Property, recognized and certified by the State of Texas for being used for agriculture by the same family for over 100 years, is proudly diversified over generations into a source of education and conservation of endangered and threatened species.
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Going to the Wildlife Ranch was certainly the highlight of our trip! We received a discount on our admission because we have a military ID card. It’s pricey! $22/adults, $13.50 for kids 3-11(i think), and under 3 is free. You get two bags of feed for free. You’ll want more so buy it at the admission booth.
You’ll travel through various areas in the park and the animals come directly to your car to eat, straight from your hand. Beware of the ostriches and emus, they will grab your finger skin along with the food!
If you need it to be a quicker trip, there are two different spots you can opt to take a shorter version. Today people were stopping for a long time so it increased the trip time. You can pass stopped cars as long as you aren’t endangering the animals.
Afterwards (or before the safari) there is a walk about area with a petting zoo, a gift shop and a place to eat. Halfway through the trip, there is a place called the Sweet Spot, which is your one chance out on the “safari” to stop for restrooms or a snack.
My kids loved this park and my 2 year old now wants to feed every animal she sees!

Date of experience: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)
All reviews
"great for kids"
"fun experience"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 14 March 2018

My grown son, 38 and my grown daughter, 28 and I all went to the ranch today. We received a discount because my son is a Deputy Sheriff, it still totaled 57.00. I expected way more than we saw. I do not mean any disrespect to this ranch, I am grateful these beautiful animals are being taken care of but not one came close to our car, there were not that many varieties and quite frankly, I feel as if we literally gave away 57 dollars for a hour ride at most. Extremely disappointed and I would not recommend this ranch. I understand that it takes money to run such an operation, but charging per car, not per person perhaps would be the best way to go.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the drive. The giraffes are awesome. A lot of animals moving around and we got some great pictures.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The animals are all loose here and you drive right through their habitats. Some will come right up to your car hoping to be fed. It takes about 1.5hrs to drive through, but you could probably take much longer.

Date of experience: February 2018