“Fun outing with kids”

Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch
Ranked #40 of 286 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: An African Safari, Texas Style. View and feed species from all over the world in the comfort of your own car.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

It's a great experience for kids to see the animals roaming free while you drive through the ranch. I would recommend getting there earlier in the day before the animals take their nap else you may not be able to see some of them. We missed seeing any of the zebras but other than that it was a wonderful trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"fun experience"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to try the drive-thru park on a weekend get-away of 4 adults. Unsure if it would be enjoyable without children I am pleased to report it is a beautiful park. The self-guided tour is well marked, animals look extremely healthy and plentiful. Some areas of the park were more active with animals than others. We attended on a day with temps in the 70's which made driving with car windows down very pleasant. We observed other vehicles with children who were having a marvelous time. Definitely worth your time. We were able to find an online 3.50 off coupon that we printed before arriving. Every little bit helps! Worth the fee though it is a little steep for young families.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

My 9 year old and I visited on Tuesday this past week before our flight out. We went a little before noon, so I don't think the animals were really very hungry, which was disappointing because I really wanted to see the zebras up close. The ostriches made the whole thing worth it though! They were very interactive, a little aggressive, and definitely good entertainment. We ate lunch at the little grill there, the food was decent, and my son spent an hour in the petting zoo with the goats too. There are lemurs and all kinds of other animals to see. One thing I wish I had paid attention to was the map on the way in, you can go to the right or stay on the left, we went to the right which is a shorter road, so I wish we had stayed on the left is all. Definitely a WONDERFUL experience and highly recommend! Everyone working there was very friendly as well!

1  Thank Heather R
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Drive through this ranch and you'll see free roaming exotic animals. Buy the sacks of food and you can feed them from your car window or open sun roof, which our children did. They had a blast getting up close with the large animals like Ostrich, giraffe and wildebeast, elephants etc.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Our family enjoyed the visit to the Wildlife Ranch as well as the neighboring Natural Cavern Bridge for the better part of a day. Since it was a Wednesday morning, we arrived with hardly any other vehicles around us. This allowed for a slow-to-moderate pace around the ranch as there were more animals in some parts than others.

Some have mentioned the price being too high. As we looked at it, it's a must visit the first time and afterward you'll have made a decision for a return trip. We wish we lived closer as a return trip would absolutely be in order.

TIP: If you have children and bring them to the goat petting zoo be careful as the goats can be particularly aggressive toward anyone holding the food bags. My 12-year old son got a kick out of the attention he was getting by more than a dozen goats but I'd imagine a younger child would be frightened. See the two photos.

1  Thank ScoMort