“Overrated”
Review of River Walk

River Walk
Ranked #1 of 282 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: The Paseo del Rio is San Antonio's favorite attraction. You can shop, dine, lounge in a cafe, or simply stroll along and let the strumming mariachi soothe your spirit.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We took the cruise for the River Walk, and we're glad we did. We walked through a bit of the River Walk to get to the cruise, and this seems like a tourist area. It's nice, and there is a lot of greenery, but I didn't see that many place that were worth stopping at.

Write a ReviewReviews (22,577)
All reviews
in 318 reviews
"trees"
in 557 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We walked the river on two different days during our recent trip to San Antonio. We were there to attend the NCAA Final Four, so the path was super crowded! One morning, we came around 10am (before the crowds) and it was extremely pleasant. Once the crowds came, I could not enjoy the view as much because I was having to dodge people and make sure I didn't fall in due to the lack of rails. Definitely not a California build....haha. Not the fault of the riverwalk....it was just a super busy time in San Antonio.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My family enjoyed walking by the river walk. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised at how small the river was and that it was surrounded by buildings and concrete. It was beautifully done though. Most of the restaurants were high priced, heavy meals. We did find a sandwich shop in the La Vallita section. There was also a beautiful, small church with stained glass windows that was open to the public.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very eclectic place to visit. Nice restaurants and souvenir shops, beautiful scenery. It's crowded and takes some maneuvering at times to walk, but overall a nice experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The river walk is a beautiful spot to walk, parts of it are relatively quiet, other parts are packed with people. The boat ride is excellent, some captains are better than others, but you get a lot of history from all of them. There are a lot of shoppes, restaurants & ice cream parlors along the way. I personally like riding at night better than during the day, but both are great.