“So Wonder-PHO!!! Our new favorite!”
Review of Savor Fare - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Taiwanese
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed 17 June 2015

The pho, the pho, the PHO!!!!! When we moved to San Antonio a few short months ago we immediately started the search for our new "Pho" place. We live really, really close to Savor Fare, but because of its modest exterior, we kept passing it up. We tried several Vietnamese restaurants in the area, but we just weren't finding a place that we wanted return to--we had high expectations. One cold, drizzly Friday evening, we tried to go out to a chain restaurant for dinner but there was a 2-hour wait. After a long work week, we decided not to wait and headed home. On the way home, we passed Savor Fare and I said, "Let's just try it"--so we did.

When we walked in, we were instantly shocked by the lovely, charming décor and soothing ambiance. We were greeted right away by a very sweet lady (who we now know to be Helen). My husband and I both ordered the beef Pho soup and shared an order of spring rolls--and we fell in love! The presentation of the food is lovely--the soup bowls are cute and everything about this place exudes charm. The Pho is the best we've ever had and the spring rolls are amazing too! We now go every Friday evening after work. I always order the same thing, but my husband ventures out from time to time--he really likes the sweet and sour chicken too.

If you are looking for a delicious, quiet, quaint local restaurant, you really need to try this place! Don't let the exterior fool you like it originally fooled us!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Had Sesame Chicken with Fried rice here. Sesame chicken was awesome. As a chicken lover, i thoroughly enjoyed the taste and the Fish Oil as well :) The only sad thing abt the place was the quantity. Personally being a heavy eater with an Indian Tummy the quantity of a single dish was never enough for me at this wonderful restaurant. This was only bad thing i facedpersonally in this place. The ambiance is good enough and the taste is good.

QUANTITY is one thing to be noted of. If you are a normal eater for whom moderate quantity would suffice, this place is very good

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just finished eating at Savor Fare and their egg-drop soup was delicious!! The spring roll was light and very good. Can not say enough great things about their food and can't believe anyone would rate the restaurant anything but a five. By the way it was neat and very clean inside.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

As a regular traveler, I have made it my practice to frequent locally owned restaurants. Well my choice of lunching at Savor Fare was well worth it. Fresh, savory and plentiful was what I was presented with. I ordered the spicy curry chicken noodle bowl salad, which was spicy, and the chicken was perfectly grilled not steamed. Still wanting more I ordered the Beef Vegetable luncheon special, which was tasty and the beef was tender and well spiced.

Try the spring rolls, a great accompaniment to a beverage.

The establishment was clean, with a family friendly look. Staff were polite and attentive.

Reviewed 7 November 2009

We live near the restaurant and wanted to support the local food in San Antonio. They say it is freshly made, just because you say you cook something fresh does not make it good. My wife order a dish and it was so bad. She tried to put soem sauce on it to make it better. We sent it back after that two bites. We were informed that no mater what it taste like we pay for it and then the manager started saying she will call the police. I encouraged her to do so and then she refused. It was a new experience to be yelled at while sitting and eating dinner with our son. The noodles in the hot and sour soup are store baught noodles that were stale. We should have know when we saw the help wanted sign. Do not waste the money you worked hard to make here.