“Very good food”

East Sakura Buffet
Ranked #143 of 230 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Reviewed 26 June 2017

everything here is fresh and very good, a must go to if oyu are ever around. Have better prime rib than most steak houses and oysters so fresh they chuck them in front of you

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Staff are rude and inconsiderate. I wouldn't let my dog eat leftovers here. I was joining my family today after traveling from 1 hour away. I approached one of the staff members not realizing I was connecting with the manger to see if it was possible for another table to be added. The manger got an attitude and said do what you like and walked away. Left in confusion I re-approached her and said, "I'm a little confused is it ok to merge the tables." "Her reply, "Can't you see I'm busy?" Mind you she was cleaning chairs with same table she washed the table with. How disgusting!!!! Moral of the story I went to the front desk and expressed my concern and the other 2 men (I believe owner's husband and Sushi maker said nothing). I kindly excused myself from my family and informed them I will be departing because I do not give my hard earned money to people who are rude and disregard my concern. Eat here if you don't mind being belittled.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We went there in a Saturday afternoon after a long morning of exploring Salem. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw how much food was available for buffet. There is, pretty much, everything you can imagine, tons of seafood dishes, hibachi, sushi, rolls, soups, noodles, even French fries, hehe. A lot of dessert options too, if you have any room in your stomach left!scorpio bowls is your must have, very flavorful and strong for like $13, you can't beat that!
Overall the food was fresh and tasty, restaurant was clean and service was quick! Yep, this is a 5 star Chinese buffet place!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

There is something for everyone here: Pizza, roast beef, Chinese, Cantonese, Sushi, you name it. While the Sushi here is not as great as its sister restaurant in Revere (Yakuda?) on Squire Road, its is a good bargain and family eating place. Prices are higher on the weekends.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

I went here to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday since he loves buffet. This place seemed to have a nice selection, which it did, but it was not the tastiest. They had all the essentials of a buffet - raw bar, carving station, very good selection of sushi selection, crab legs and all the normal dishes. One of the main disappointments was the crab legs! They were bland and not brined or steamed in salt water. The sauce on the salmon was also awful. Another thing to be aware is if you order a cold sweet tea they give you some nasty fake raspberry tasting colored water. Your best bet is to get the unsweetened tea and add your own sweetness. Oh and my father asked if they offered a senior discount which amounted to all of a few ridiculous cents (don't remember, but it was like 50 cents or less). Granted the adult buffet price was 16.95, but 50 cents is hardly any kind of discount. As with all buffets, you try to jam as much food as you can in, but for some reason nothing tasted good enough for me to stuff myself like it was my last meal.

Been to East Sakura Buffet? Share your experiences!