“Great New Menu!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Walking distance from the Salem MBTA commuter rail station.
Description: Enjoy a romantic dinner, or unwind after a busy day in Salem and try out our local cheeses, seafood and meats, while sipping on your favorite wines. Wine enthusiasts will enjoy our wine by the glass flights to compliment or contrast your palate, while a selection of specialty Ales is paired with our menu for those looking for a more robust beer experience.
Reviewed 28 July 2015

My wife went to Nathaniel’s on Saturday evening where we listened to live piano music and had a delicious meal. My wife started with a new cocktail “Elderflower” which she enjoyed very much. We both had the smoked salmon as an appetizer which was delicious.
I had the mussels Marinier which were perfectly cooked and again delicious.
We shared a bottle of the Chatenuf Du Pape, Chateau La Nerthe, Rhone which was very good and went well with Roasted Duck Breast.
For desert we had the Local Cheese Slate Selection with the Chicken Liver Paté which I paired with a bottle of a VERY good Sauterne, the pairing was excellent. I highly recommend pairing a Sauterne with Paté, I got very high marks from my wife.
The service was excellent and we loved to sit and listen to the piano music for the three hours.
It was a wonderful evening!

GMHawthorneHotel, General Manager at Nathaniel's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Dear Tom Z,

I am excited to read that you enjoyed our new menu. Designed from scratch last month by our Executive kitchen team, it sounds like both yourself and your wife had a great evening tasting the new dishes. And glad to read that your wife gave you good marks for your excellent choices!

Reviewed 26 July 2015

Perhaps due to the fact that the hotel Nathaniel's is located in - the splendid Hawthorne Hotel - isn't an ordinary hotel. Extraordinary yes, ordinary no.

Like the hotel, Nathaniels is spotlessly clean and tastefully - I might even say elegantly - appointed (I understand that it's recently been renovated). The service was spot on from start to finish - friendly yet professional - and the food was just outstanding. Every dish we had was absolutely delicious (abundant) and extremely reasonably priced. Not something one hears all too often about any restaurant much less one situated in a hotel.

But then, at the risk of repeating myself...this is no ordinary restaurant and hotel.

Do yourself a favor - you can thank me later - eat at this restaurant and stay at this hotel.

2  Thank theghostwriter
GMHawthorneHotel, General Manager at Nathaniel's, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Dear theghostwriter,

With 290 restaurant reviews under your belt, I certainly appreciate your candid review of our Nat's restaurant. We have indeed been recently renovated, and our new menu - with a European flair - was thoughtfully put together by our Executive Chef. Thank you for dining with us and encouraging other Tripadvisor readers to give us a try.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Incredible. Little did I know my husband and I would be back so soon after our daughters graduation from Endicott College in May. We returned for the Concours D'Elegance held at Misselwood (on the grounds of Endicott; all the proceeds goes towards scholarships for Endicott students) but there was never any doubt where we'd be staying.

Celebrating their 90th anniversary - congratulations - The Hawthorne Hotel is simply spectacular. The hotel itself is immaculate and it's not possible singling out any one person who works here simply because every single person we encountered was exemplary. This is a world class hotel - in the middle of Salem no less - and a very special jewel indeed.

Nathaniel's - newly renovated and gorgeous - was, like everything at The Hawthorne Hotel, perfect. My husband and I had a splendid and delicious dinner here last night and it too, along with the outstanding service we received, was spectacular - never mind e fabulous piano player who was extremely talented - and I'm a pretty harsh "critic" when it comes to food. Who knew?

We did and now you know too.

One of the great hotels of the world and a tremendous experience overall.

Kudos and thanks to the owners, definitely the General Manager, and all the very fine people who work here. Hear hear!.

2  Thank ragstoriches07

Dear ragstoriches07,

It is always a pleasure to see a returning guest enjoy the amenities we have to offer and thank you for dining in our Nat's restaurant during your stay with us and recognizing the great service you received. I will pass along your kudos to the entire Hawthorne team and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Salem, MA in search of a new home as we are relocating from PA/NJ for work. We were also celebrating our one year wedding anniversary. We ate breakfast at Nat's both Saturday and Sunday. Not only was the food excellent (best omlettte I have ever had! The caprese) the service was five star. All of the staff including management went above an beyond. Our compliments to the chef! We will become regulars for sure! Cheers!

GMHawthorneHotel, General Manager at Nathaniel's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Dear Alexis S,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful comment about our Nat's restaurant and commenting on the great breakfast you had on both days. Welcome to Salem and I hope to see you back soon. As we have recently revamped our dinner menu, we would love for you to give that a try as well!

Reviewed 15 July 2015

We had a wonderful breakfast. We had a package with the hotel that included breakfast-you can't go wrong with this!

GMHawthorneHotel, General Manager at Nathaniel's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2015

Dear kpcdk,

Thank you for sharing your nice comments on our breakfast. Many of our guests choose our breakfast package, which offers a great value and is certainly the best way to start your day!

I hope you had fun on your visit to New England and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Patrick Cornelissen

Been to Nathaniel's? Share your experiences!