“Excellent Prime Rib”

Victoria Station & Vic's Boathouse
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Since we had a Groupon for 4, we recently dined at Victoria Station with another couple. None of us had been there in a number of years. The salad bar was plentiful and fresh. The prime rib was prepared exactly as ordered and was tender, juicy, and tasty. In addition to the salad bar, we each got one other side. With the Groupon, dinner was an incredible deal!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Haven't been here for many years. Decided to try it because I bought a Groupon. The salad bar is the same. The salad is very fresh and they replenished it as requested . They have fresh fruit, coconut, chow mein noodles, nuts, and many more things in the salad bar . They bring hot bread to the table. ( we needed to ask for it). The prime rib is outstanding; Very juicy and tender. It is $21 for 10 oz and $24 for 14 oz. dinners come with salad bar and one side. They have all you can eat steak tips M-Th for $15.99. That is a real bargain. They are normally $18. They also have all you can eat fish and chips. The desserts are very good and large enough to share. Vic's Boathouse is in the restaurant and has the same menu. Parking can be difficult to find since there are many shops and condos in that area . The meters are two hours, max.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Admittedly it has been a while since i've been here living somewhat out of the area but we decided to go, we did have a groupon too :-)....

I've been coming her for 30+ years and ithas been a go to staple for a nice dinner out. Tonight we started with the sweet chili wings. Fantastic flavor, cooked just the way we like, with a little char. Meaty, crisp, just perfect.

Next, she order the baked haddock with fries and said it was simple, fresh yet had good flavor, added just a squirt of lemon..the fires were crispy and not greasy at all. I had the waterfront dinner, a 10oz prime rib that looked more like a full pound slab, with a petit mac-n-cheese, again, not so petit if you ask me. Both were cooked perfectly, the rib medium rare and the mac, hot all the way thru, nice topping and served in a skillet. we both enjoyed the salad bar which we've done for 30 years.

Nice table by the window , always loved the ambience not matter what room your seasted in. a nice mix of decors throught, the bar however beingnew just doesn't have the same charm but no biggie there.Maybe best of all the service. Our waiter Amari, hope the spelling is correct, was perfect, pleasant, attentive and always right there if we needed him. I think it's nice to have good interaction with the staff, adds to the enjoyment of going out.

I'm sure we will be back soon as I just bought another groupon this morning..

2 thumbs up !!

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Had an occasion to take a friend to lunch. I was looking for a Diverse menu not knowing what my friend would have. It was a stormy day and had nice views of the harbor. Not the views and comfy feeling before renovation of years ago but still nice. Be careful of the bench seating it was like a fold old couch bed with the bar in your back all night.
I did find the lunch menu limited and the regular menu high price for a simple lunch . Not the kind of place I could go to lunch on a regular basis but fit the bill perfectly for our situation .
It was nice, clean , good service . The music was loud and was more the style of what the servers were listening to while setting up for the day.
Overall I would go again not looking so much for a lunch you could not get anywhere else but a nice quiet place during a storm with good service.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Lxrxaxcx
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

The bar area is bright and wide open, which allows for a nice view of the harbor. The service is good and the food choice is plentiful -- don't forget the salad bar. The steak dish I had was very tasty and grilled to perfection for a medium rare request.
The value is strong for a pleasant experience and beautiful setting.

Date of visit: November 2016