After reading many reviews here regarding the Westin in Tucson, it seemed like a very nice place and I was excited to stay there even if it was only one night. After booking the room ( I choose a Master Suite because I have twin two year olds) I was impressed with all the follow up by the Westin prior to my arrival to see if I had any special needs. When I booked the room I requested two cribs and two high chairs, when the person in charge of guest relations emailed me I made the same request, and when I spoke with the guest relations person on the phone I again made the same requests. I suppose I should have been suspicious since each time my requests seemed news to them!
When we arrived, there was only one crib, I wouldn't have minded if they hadn't made such a point about it and if I didn't have two crying and exhausted toddlers to deal with on top of getting the other crib and high hairs to our room ASAP! It took several calls to get the second crib and several more calls to get the dirty and sticky high chairs. Everyone was very nice when I spoke to them but nice doesn't cut it when you're paying $350/night. The fridge was broken in my room so I took my ice chest to the ice machine ( so my kids milk wouldn't spoil) and the ce machine was also broken. Took 3-4 calls and about 45 minutes to get ice brought to my room.
Saving the worst for last, this was the last straw for a supposed 5 star resort, the ROOM SERVICE was an absolute insult. First the menu itself seemed really basic but that doesn't always mean it will be bad ( I was an Executve Chef for 14 years). I ordered a med well hamburger that arrived RARE, also a pizza that arrived burnt...and tasted like a frozen pizza, so so bad. My kids food, was normal hotel boring and pretty bad. I thought maybe I would eat their food since they were so tired they fell asleep without eating. It was most definitely not good food, reheated frozen chicken strips and over salted fries, the grilled cheese was fine.
Every issue I had I explained to them over what I felt was an absurd amount of phone calls. Again they were VERY NICE but good service is more than being friendly, EXECUTION is everything. Paying the price I did I thought I was guaranteed to a smooth and relaxing night after an exhausting day of travel....but I should have picked the high places I know well, Loew's, Four Seasons, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin