“True Eloquence”

Radisson Suites Tucson
Ranked #26 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
“True Eloquence”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We were so happy to have found a room here after dealing with another hotel that tried to put us in absolute filthy rooms. The environment, the class and style made our somewhat frustrating trip due to car problems, melt away into a secure feeling of comfort and convenience. This will be my first choice on any future trips to Tucson.

• Stayed March 2012
rstucson, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you very much for the compliments and for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our city!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Yuma
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I'll start on a few positive notes. The Radisson Suites is in a good location. Near Trader Joes and several restaurants. The room set-up is great for privacy - the grown ups have their own room with a locking door to the living room that has a pull out couch and a locking door to the bathrooms. And there's a sink space with an additional bathroom that contains a second sink, tub and stand-up shower. And the lobby is nice and welcoming. My guys enjoyed the pool.

On to the not so positive. I had read reviews prior to my stay, so I was a little nervous about staying here. Unfortunately, those reviews played out. There was hair on the bathroom floor and make-up stains on the hand towel from a previous customer. Eww. But the worst part was that the room never cooled down. We turned the air all the way down, and it made noise like it was trying to cool down, but never did. The bed was not comfy, and was worsened by the hot room. Terrible night of tossing and turning.

I was there for business, but took my husband and son so they could enjoy the city while I was in training. I got the business rate, which was nice. But it only included breakfast for 1 person. Come on, it wouldn't hurt to throw in breakfast for the whole party. ESPECIALLY after knowing of the dirty hand towel and broken air conditioner.

Cleanliness and comfort is important to me, so I felt as if I had to give this just 2 stars. Managers - please take all these reviews to heart. Sadly, you won't get another chance with us. We'll stay elsewhere. Disappointing. I really like the Carlson brand hotels. :(

Room Tip: We were on the mountain side. Nice views and nice balcony. But the 4th foor room with a broken air...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recient visit to our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to standards and can assure you that our entire leadership team takes guest satisfaction very seriously. Your comments have already been utilized in the process of redefining how we maintain our guestrooms and they will continue to be used as a training tool. I am hopeful that you will reconsider our hotel on any future visits to Tucson and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist in any way.

520-239-1109
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed here for a week with our twin granddaughters who were 4 at the time. We loved having the extra room in the suite but with how small the fridge and microwave are and no actual table, we really couldn't even have a simple breakfast in the room. With continental breakfast starting at $20 a person before tip, this was not as economical as we had hoped.

The beds were comfortable after we figured out how to get the sleep number perfected. We happened to be there the week of a Jehovah Witness conference so the pool area was packed with adults and kids of all ages. For the most part this was pretty fun as our granddaughters made a couple of friends but some of the older kids were really rowdy and didn't watch out for the smaller kids.

The pool area was very nice and they often had someone out on the patio grilling burgers and hot dogs and making snow cones for the kids. My biggest problem is the cost. In summer you can rent a very nice 2 bedroom condo with 2 pools, a full kitchen, patio, and free WiFi in the Tucson foothills for $625.00 for the week and the total cost for the same timeframe at this Radisson is almost $900.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Recently stayed at this resort after winning it in a raffle. I am very happy I did not have to pay for the stay. While the interior grounds were beautiful, I cannot say the same for the room.
The room is big and the bathroom is spacious. The bed was comfortable. What I did not like is there are three doors all within 3 feet of each other. There are two doors in the living room area, right next to each other, one goes to bedroom and the other into bathroom. Within another couple feet of the bathroom door is another door that goes into the bedroom. Very ackward in our opionion. The room was nothing special. Very plain and uninspiring. Having a beautiful view of the parking lot did not help with my impressions.
Our stay included a breakfast buffet which was nothing to write about, very plain and ordinary.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank we_scuba2
rstucson, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. I apologize that your experience was not to your satisfication. It is feedback such as yours that allows our team to work on areas that we can improve. I am certainly hopeful that should you have hotel needs in our city in the future, that you will give us an opportunity to earn your vote of confidence.

New York
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Radisson Suites is about 15 minutes from the UofA campus. The view of the mountains from the hotel are wonderful. The hotel has a great restaurant with indoor or outdoor seating next to the pool. The pool is outside surrounded by the hotel rooms. The rooms are accessed from an outdoor corridor that looks down over the pool or a garden style setting. In various locations on the second floor are areas with patio tables for outdoor seating, which provide a nice getaway from the room if your family is with you. The business area is limited and located in the lobby, without much privacy, but it is available. The exercise room is small, with just a couple of treadmills and elipticals, but clean and stocked with towels. Real Plu is is that there is a Trader Joe's next door for those snacks needed to keep everyone happy without breaking the bank. Rooms were comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Have a room closer to the front of the hotel near the pool. The rooms in the back area seem to be...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank His2ryTraveler
Thank you for selecting the Radisson Suites. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments and look forward to serving your lodging needs on your next trip to Tucson.