“Good value”

Viscount Suite Hotel
Ranked #83 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 7 March 2016

I'd give this hotel a higher rating but I reserve that for facilities in top condition. It is like walking into a 1980s Embassy Suites that now needs updating. The TVs work but they are not old, not HD. But the place is comfortable and clean and a good value. The staff is efficient and friendly. Buffet breakfast is excellent. I don't notice the odor others have complained about so I assume it has been taken care of.

Room Tip: Room not facing restaurant and entrance if you are here on Saturday night.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 February 2016

We had to be moved to three different rooms before finding one that did not have a plumbing link. The room smelled like Ben Gay and was so old and smelly that we were uncomfortable to sit on the chairs much less sleep in the room. New management is desperately needed here. The employees who came to fix the leak were rude and lazy! They were upset that we complained because our bathroom was flooded in two of the rooms they put us in. It was ridiculous. We also had to move our vehicle to the front of the building because a very suspicious vehicle with a person obviously camping out in the parking lot was staking out the vehicles. We reported it to the front desk but they did absolutely nothing about it. He was out there all night. It was so weird!! Use to be a nice establishment years ago. Terrible now!! I would never recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Hotel rooms are very large; however, the hotel needs updating. Furniture is old, rooms could use paint and general sprucing up. One elevator was not running. The hotel is far from the city center and there is no accessible public transportation. We stayed the weekend of the gem and mineral show and it was necessary to take a cab--about a $15-18 ride to the convention center. On the positive: The staff is very helpful and accommodating, plus, the buffet breakfast is quite good with a large variety of choices. Given the general run-down condition of the hotel, however, I do not highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016

The hotel is clean and conveniently located. But the rooms are extremely outdated and not maintained. It was clean. But there was an odd smell when I entered the room. Not strong, so I decided to ignore it. But there was a strong smell in the dresser drawers. I did not want to put my clothes in there. Bathroom fixtures were old and corroded, with no drain plug in the sink. Furniture had cigarette burns from whatever decade smoking was still allowed. The bed looked lovely and was probably comfortable, but I didn't get that far. I had paid a premium price for a bargain-quality room. I was tired and had been looking forward to some pampering, not "making do." I've never, ever done this, but I checked right back out. Booked a room for the same price at a much newer brand name property that didn't come with a lot of strange smells and suspect furnishings.

Room Tip: A lot of the rooms open directly into the covered atrium. Not sure if there are any other options.
Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

My business trip got extended right as the Tucson gem show was coming into town which means that every hotel room is booked across the city. Positives: the rooms are huge, they give lots of pillows, it's mostly clean, and there is adequate water pressure. The hotel itself is older and looks very dated. There was a hole in the carpet of the living area of my room and things just had an appearance of tired use. There was a flat screen in the living area and an old tube set in the bedroom. While that doesn't particularly matter to me both had terrible fuzzy pictures no matter the channel. One night there was a band in the hotel bar that could be heard throughout the hotel and into the rooms. While the band wasn't bad I had a 6am flight and was more then ready to try to get some sleep.

Overall, if you are looking for a budget hotel in the middle of the city and are willing to overlook any luxuries look no further.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank jessysage
Travellers also viewed these Tucson hotels
3.7 km away
11.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
15.7 km away
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson North Foothills

Been to Viscount Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Viscount Suite Hotel

Address: 4855 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85711-3637
Region: United States > Arizona > Tucson
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #83 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Price Range: $145 - $242 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Viscount Suite Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Viscount Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Viscount Suite Tucson