All reviews living room omelette bar embassy suites free breakfast is first floor big room three rooms comfortable beds outdoor pool mini fridge happy hour atrium keurig desk reunion convenience sofa
Reviewed 22 February 2016

We had to be moved to three different rooms before finding one that did not have a plumbing link. The room smelled like Ben Gay and was so old and smelly that we were uncomfortable to sit on the chairs much less sleep in the room. New management is desperately needed here. The employees who came to fix the leak were rude and lazy! They were upset that we complained because our bathroom was flooded in two of the rooms they put us in. It was ridiculous. We also had to move our vehicle to the front of the building because a very suspicious vehicle with a person obviously camping out in the parking lot was staking out the vehicles. We reported it to the front desk but they did absolutely nothing about it. He was out there all night. It was so weird!! Use to be a nice establishment years ago. Terrible now!! I would never recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Hotel rooms are very large; however, the hotel needs updating. Furniture is old, rooms could use paint and general sprucing up. One elevator was not running. The hotel is far from the city center and there is no accessible public transportation. We stayed the weekend of the gem and mineral show and it was necessary to take a cab--about a $15-18 ride to the convention center. On the positive: The staff is very helpful and accommodating, plus, the buffet breakfast is quite good with a large variety of choices. Given the general run-down condition of the hotel, however, I do not highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016

The hotel is clean and conveniently located. But the rooms are extremely outdated and not maintained. It was clean. But there was an odd smell when I entered the room. Not strong, so I decided to ignore it. But there was a strong smell in the dresser drawers. I did not want to put my clothes in there. Bathroom fixtures were old and corroded, with no drain plug in the sink. Furniture had cigarette burns from whatever decade smoking was still allowed. The bed looked lovely and was probably comfortable, but I didn't get that far. I had paid a premium price for a bargain-quality room. I was tired and had been looking forward to some pampering, not "making do." I've never, ever done this, but I checked right back out. Booked a room for the same price at a much newer brand name property that didn't come with a lot of strange smells and suspect furnishings.

Room Tip: A lot of the rooms open directly into the covered atrium. Not sure if there are any other options.
Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

My business trip got extended right as the Tucson gem show was coming into town which means that every hotel room is booked across the city. Positives: the rooms are huge, they give lots of pillows, it's mostly clean, and there is adequate water pressure. The hotel itself is older and looks very dated. There was a hole in the carpet of the living area of my room and things just had an appearance of tired use. There was a flat screen in the living area and an old tube set in the bedroom. While that doesn't particularly matter to me both had terrible fuzzy pictures no matter the channel. One night there was a band in the hotel bar that could be heard throughout the hotel and into the rooms. While the band wasn't bad I had a 6am flight and was more then ready to try to get some sleep.

Overall, if you are looking for a budget hotel in the middle of the city and are willing to overlook any luxuries look no further.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessy S
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

This rating is due to their inability to work with us. We were there for the Ft. Lowell shootout. The travel agent overbooked the hotel, so some of our teammates had to go to another hotel. We registered for a double bed suite, but instead were given a king suite. To offset our disappointment, they said we could have 2 rollaway beds. When we asked for them, they were not delivered. I had to ask again. By this time, there was a shift change & they would only give us 1 bed. We had to wait until the next day when the manager was back on duty to get our beds. The key maker was broken, so one gentleman was assigned to letting everyone in their rooms. The TVs are very outdated, but they worked fine. I just felt like every time we asked for something, the answer was no. The kids running up & down the halls until late at night was out of control (this is the parents fault too). A lot of the kids were destructive, so it was frustrating no one told them to stop. I heard kids say they were using their skateboards inside because they weren't told anything. I also want to say, no one was rude to us, everyone was pretty pleasant. We just weren't getting what we reserved.

The rooms were actually very nice. We thought they smelled nice & looked clean. The room was very large & we liked how we were in a suite. The breakfast was amazing. Our omelette chef was very busy, but he maintained his positive attitude, great job! The choices on the buffet were decent. They also answered our questions about whether the food was safe for my daughter with food allergies.

It seemed like they weren't prepared for the volume of people staying at the hotel. I think it is probably a great place to stay when they aren't so busy.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family