Lodge on the Desert
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Arizona Inn(Tucson)
1,059 results
All reviewsgas fireplaceboutique hotelnewer roomsroom was largecactus gardensouthwestern stylesmall patiobeautiful groundswalk in showeron site restaurantpool and hot tubhappy hourmini fridgebed was very comfortabledowntown tucsoncatalina mountainsdesert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Loved this little botique hotel. Great location, charming, romantic atmosphere, good service. I called late and requested a quiet room. The room was large and comfortable, bathroom a bit small but I was traveling alone so it wasn't a problem. Green bath products, free Wi Fi. Great beds! I will definitely be back for a longer stay with my hubby as it is a very romantic place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Beachgirl555
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I recently stayed in this hotel when I was bringing my some to college in the area. The service was excellent, they were always very willing to please. The first room we stayed in had a problem with the internet, they were very willing to change our room. The rooms were very spacious, and the beds quite comfortable. The last room I stayed in needed some updating, there were some areas on the walls that were partially patched. Overall it was a great place for the price. The pool area was nice, and clean. They have a small restaurant and bar, which looked nice, but we didn't eat there.
It is located close to some of the main shopping areas, and a short drive from the airport.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank edwindonna
Reviewed 12 August 2010

After reading many good reviews I would have to say my expectations were set very high for this hotel. During check in we had to have our keys remade 3 times before they would work. This is after walking across a maze of a resort in 110 degree heat just to walk back to let them know our keys didn't work. After finally getting into our room, soaking in the AZ sun, we found our air conditioner didn't work. We turned it down and waited but for no reply. We called the front desk that then moved us to another room, which they said happens often, and we once again trekked around this lost desert. Our next room's AC worked fine and was rather pleasant but the room did not have a refrigerator like shown to us over our reservations booking and on top of that we had trouble with our wireless connection. After finally settling in we made the trip to the restaurant to enjoy two complementary cocktails from our room package. We were told they were closed for lunch because it 'wasn't busy' but we could enjoy the cocktails in the bar anyways. We were so hungry so we decided to leave and eat somewhere else. This place is certainly not ready to be open if every guest has experiences like ours. hopefully, it was just a bad day and everyone isn't getting Lost at Lodge on the Desert.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank boxerman22
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Lodge on the Desert was recommended to me by a friend I was visiting in Tucson. It's been redecorated, and the rooms are actually much nicer in person than they look on the hotel website. My king room was spacious, clean, and quiet.

Since I was visiting friends, I wasn't in Tucson for a special event, and the hotel was situated close to my friend's neighborhood. It's right in the middle of town, so it seemed really convenient to everything.

The pool was really nice, but I did not have a chance to visit the restaurant/bar. The staff at check in were friendly and my early check in was a breeze.

I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank poppersRNO
Reviewed 7 June 2010

This hotel was much more than expected. We chose the old part of the hotel and did not regret it. Although wireless internet reception is shady there, it was definitively worth it. The rooms are like small cute cottages with porches, private desert garden and even a small patio table and chairs. Huge cactuses and all sorts of other desert plants. Loved it!!
Beautiful room with a fire place (fire place was even on!). The beds were extremely comfortable. Staff was very kind and helpful. We loved it and will be definitively coming back.

• Stayed: February 2010