“The Best Place to Stay in Tucson”
other travellers have booked this property
Bakery storefront was preserved during the conversion.
Original Art, Industrial custom built gathering table. Mixture of antiques and custom furniture with an industrial vibe.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bakery storefront was preserved during the conversion.
Original Art, Industrial custom built gathering table.
Mixture of antiques and custom furniture with an industrial vibe.
600 thread count immaculate white linens.
Antique doors with hand forged nails repurposed into corner armoire.
Fully equipped for preparing fresh, healthy meals and snacks.
King sized bed in the charming garden room
breakfast in the sun under the orange tree.
Walled, private courtyard takes full advantage of the morning sun. Trickling fountain.
Can be converted to twins (upon special request...a $35 charge)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Anne H
East Olympia
“The Best Place to Stay in Tucson”
Reviewed 14 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We stayed at The Bakery for a long weekend at the end of September for my niece's wedding. I am trying to come up an excuse to go back to Tucson just so that I can stay at The Bakery. From the pictures I thought we were staying in a small space. Wrong. The living room is very large, warm, and comfortable. The first bedroom and the kitchen are lovely with plenty of room. The second bedroom spans the width of the house, is large, and opens, through french doors, to a beautiful enclosed patio with a fountain. We had several family members over for brunch and even that group didn't fill up the space. What a beautiful place! So close to downtown but so quiet. Everything about booking, working with Nancy, finding it, and getting in with the key went without a hitch. I recommend this house without hesitation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lovely and big rooms
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 Nov 2016
Thank you, Anne, for taking the time to write such a nice review. I do need to do something to make it more obvious that the Bakery is pretty spacious. It's hard for a photograph to capture.

I'm so glad you were able to have your family over for brunch, and make good use of the space. It was a pleasure having you stay there, and I hope you do come back again very soon!
-Nancy Day
Douglas C
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A great place with a history you can feel.”
Reviewed 9 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We spent a week in the Bakery in April on a birding trip to SE Arizona. It is a great central location in the city, from which we made a number of day trips into the surrounding countryside. There are a number of terrific birding spots close to the city that are a great resource for birders to add to their life list of birds that you cannot see in other parts of the US. Nancy' place is clean, well stocked, and comfortable. This is a place with a history all its own, that you can actually feel. It is located on a corner, the streets in Tucson are wide and sunny, and the big windows in the front room set the tone for the rest of the building. It is a cool and inviting place to stay. The rear enclosed garden is a great, private, delightful place, to spend early morning hours, and a great place to wind down at he end of the day. The garden facing bedroom is my favorite room, but it is hard to pick from the rooms in this wonderful spot.
I highly recommend this place for a prolonged visit to Tucson, which is a great town.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole feel of the Bakery is great.
Liked least: Nothing to complain of.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
10 May 2016
Thank you for the wonderful review, and for sharing your extensive knowledge about birding with us over the course of your stay. You and your lovely wife, as well as the other two couples who overlapped with your stay here, were perfect, wonderful guests.

I wish you could move here...you all fit in to Tucson quite well.
Sugarloaf...
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Amazing restoration, great location”
Reviewed 27 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

It's a beautifully restored former store/bakery with so much space. It's got two beautiful bedrooms. There was only two of us staying so we picked the lighter room that backs onto the small external walled garden. There are two bathrooms so we had one each. There's a well equipped kitchen and it was really nice to have a welcoming package of coffee, fruit, nibbles, beer, wine and water. The huge living/dining room is just so welcoming and relaxing. It's a quiet neighbourhood and you felt really safe walking the few blocks into the centre of Tucson for the bars and restaurants. The owner was really helpful and hopefully it will still be a holiday rental when we next visit Tucson.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The large living area
Liked least: No cable TV
Older travelers Families with young children
29 Oct 2015
I really enjoyed having you stay at the bakery. Hopefully we will be moved in by 2018, so hurry back.

The photos you took of the house, the Desert Museum, and especially the "Boneyard" are excellent. I am going to update some of my photos with yours as soon as I can.

(For those of you who do not know about Tucson's "Boneyard," it is the acres and acres of retired aircraft parked near the airforce base. They sit there, in the rust free environment of the desert, looking ready to take off. It is really hard to convey the sizes, shapes, and sheer volume in a photo, but Ian took some of the best pictures I've seen of the place.
SquidRoeB...
Sacramento
“Tuscon Haven”
Reviewed 25 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

This home is so cozy and the decorations make me wish for a home renovation! The owners were so sweet and accommodating. I felt like I was staying at a relatives house. The house is so clean and organized. There was everything you could possibly need even mosquito lotion! I truly rested which is amazing for me to find comfort away from home. My father was equally impressed as my husband. My cousin visited and is now in the process of renting the home herself. Thank you for everything! Including the goodies that were left for us! Until we meet again! Blessings!

Liked best: Cozy beds!!
Liked least: I tripped on the lip of the first bathroom, be careful.
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Oct 2015
I thought I wrote back to you and thanked you for your heart warming review, but maybe I did it in an email. Anyhow, it was a pleasure to have you and I hope you come back soon!
Gladys S
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

I am going to sound a little bit selfish, but I wish the owner does not move in shortly to the property, so I could rent to stay there on my next trips hahaha.
Quiet neighborhood, perfect for honeymooners or to share with the family.
Perfect spot!

Carlos

Travelling group: Extended Family
29 Apr 2015
Thank you for your kind review. It's going to be a while before we can actually move there permanently, but it is so nice to see other people enjoying the space when we can't.

You and your lovely family are welcome whenever you come to Tucson.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing