“Tasty Green Chile & Cheese Tamales, even the black beans were good!”

Tucson Tamale Company
Ranked #1 of 76 Quick Bites in Tucson
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 24 March 2016

My wife and a friend discovered Tucson Tamale Company on Oracle, a few weeks ago. They brought some home, including a chocolate cherry desert tamale (which was scrumptious!). So, when the occasion presented itself, after our noon meeting with a friend at the Starbucks on Ina & Oracle, we zipped on over to Tucson Tamale (about one-half block North of Ina on the East side of Oracle (right next to the Bundt Bakery).

I was not disappointed! While they were out of pinto beans, and normally I don't like black beans, Tucson Tamale's preparation of their black beans (in a sauce sort of), was very tasty, and we a perfect accompaniment to the Green chili and cheese tamale I had.

And, they have Mexican Coke, too!

I found the people friendly and the atmosphere congenial. I liked it. If you like tamales, you will too --- and you'll probably want to take some frozen ones home for later!

Date of visit: March 2016
Laura A, Manager at Tucson Tamale Company, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Thanks for the review! We are glad that you had a great tamale experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

OK, if you come to Tucson and don't try the tamales here out have missed out! Even if you are not a real Tamale fan you need to give this a shot! It is the only place in Tucson that I will order a Tamale. It is that good! They sell more than 40 different types of Tamales! Sonora Chicken Tamale - AMAZING! The "Blue" Squash, Tomato, Onion, Green Chile and Cheese in Blue Corn Masa - YUM. And the "Madison" - Black Beans, Fresh Corn, Red Pepper, Cheese, Spices in Red Chile Masa. This place is really good and they ship as well!!!! Love it!!!!!

Date of visit: February 2016

Thanks for the review! We are glad that you had a great tamale experience.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Food was just as good as remembered. Lots of tamale and side choices. Cashiers are very helpful at helping you choose your meal, even allowing me to make a last minute change. Quite easy to get a dairy free meal. We all had two tamales with sides and it was a very filling meal. You can choose two different tamales and they even label them so you know which is which. A Mexican coke tastes great and comes in 500ml glass bottles. Will be back again.

Date of visit: March 2016

Thanks for the review! We are glad that you had a great tamale experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2016

The tamales were excellent as was the salsa bar. Will return again and again. Located in a strip mall and hidden in the corner. Persevere!

Reviewed 13 March 2016

I am addicted to tamales! Of all kinds and flavors. And, some of the best I've ever eaten were right here at Tucson Tamale. Order from an extensive menu with a wide range of southwest Tex-Mex kinds of foods and you will not be disappointed. BUT, if you are a tamale addict, focus on the different tamale offerings. It is wide and deep and, from the several I tasted...they will meet your expectations! They were delicious! Tucson Tamale has several locations and all the tamales are made at a single location and all are available at all the stores. Yum!!!