Mira Vista Resort
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
USD 163*
  • Pool
La Posada Lodge and Casitas(Tucson)(Great Value!)
USD 122*
USD 80*
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
USD 94*
USD 184*
  • Restaurant
USD 228*
USD 199*
All reviewsconversation poolstandard roomhot tubopen thursday sundaycondo ownerssingle malepool areadesert southwestnice clean roomsold westpickle barsurrounding desertgrounds are immaculatecontinental breakfastsized bedother guestsgreat weekend
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I found Mira Vista is a beautiful comfortable place to stay in late February. But the large pool was a little chilly for lap swimming, I would estimate about 66 to 69 depending on which day I was in it. But the rest of the guests used the Spa or smaller warmer pool, I was the only crazy lap swimmer.

The food is great when the restaurant is open.

It was so clear and pretty and quiet at night except for the Hoot Owls.

Mira Vista is in a good location to jump off in a car to see the many outdoor attractions in the Tucson area. It is about 2 miles to a Walmart, Starbucks, Chili's, Coldstone, In and Out Burger and more.

My wife and I are long time Nudists but this would be a comfortable place for first timers too.

This will be a good winter destination for us in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank John S
twoonthego, Owner at Mira Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Thank you for your comments! We're glad you enjoyed your stay last week. I just want to clarify a few things about our pools for other readers of your review. At least three out of four of our pools and spas are always heated. The spa is heated to 102-103', the 30 foot long jetted conversation pool is heated to 98-100' and the 20' X 40' pool is heated to 84-86'. The other large pool is not heated in the winter when the desert night time temperatures dip into the 40s and 50s. Lap swimmers are welcome in the 20' X 40' pool at all times, except when water volleyball games are being played. (usually a couple of hours each on Sat and Sun) That pool was added 4 years ago specifically to conform to the regulation size and depth for water volleyball. It's shallower depth makes it much easier to heat than the deeper original pool.

I'm glad that you, as a long-time nudist, noticed that Mira Vista is an ideal resort for first-timers to clothing-optional recreation too. We get many overnight and day guests who are experiencing a nude resort for the first time in the comfortable and relaxed enironment of Mira Vista. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Mira Vista, which I think is becoming a premier clothing optional resort in the Southwest if not the entire country. The facilities were good, the staff was nice, and the weather was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichiganIcecat
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The grounds, rooms, and folks that visit are top notch. Our major disappointment with the resort was the unprofessional and less than accommodating ways of the management. VERY POOR choice for management.
Brent Wadsworth is the "ruler" and has the attitude that it is his way or the highway. Personally, as a paying visitor it is not my view. Resorts and hotels cater to the visitor or their patrons will not come back! Does he not know this simple rule?! No.
After speaking with many of the locals, who are wonderful and personable by the way, they informed us that he was a landscaper who wanted to try management. Hum, that really explained a LOT! My question now is, why would a business owner with any common sense leave the growth of his business( with so much potential!) in charge with this ignorant , impersonal man.
Years ago I had stopped in for a nights stay on a business trip. Management was top notch on that visit! I still remember the managers name because it was such a good experience. JAN! Warm, friendly, and ACCOMMODATING! What happened? THAT was the right plan to grow your business.
A major holiday weekend with a minimum three night stay should include open facilities! An open bar on those nights, drinks and food available, and WARM WATER in at least one pool!! We looked forward to the conversation pool we had read about but that was to cold to sit in at night. A friendly, glad you are here with us attitude instead of a rude scowling man would have helped.
Please ownership, make this the resort it can be! APPRECIATE your guests!
A FRIENDLY and ACCOMMODATING attitude would be the answer to bringing this resort into the top ten in the country. The bones are there. Hopefully the out of state ownership will correct the issues before it's demise.
OH! And they have lovely condos for sale! Would we consider one? Perhaps if management wasn't so poor and they really liked their guests. At this point I need to see ownership is going to turn this thing around for success first.

Room Tip: Recommend the new condos vs the older rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Sail J
twoonthego, Owner at Mira Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2012

I'm wondering if there is a mistake on the timing of this guest's stay. There were no 3 night minimum stay periods in Dec. and the only 2 night minimum stay requirement was over New Year's Eve. I checked our records and we had no guests that weekend from within 100 miles of Pebble Beach, the hometown given by the reviewer. We were completely sold out for the weekend and the restaurant was open from Thursday through Monday. The cozy cantina bar in the main building is open daily during all office and restaurant hours. The separate lounge that is usually open only on Fri and Sat nights was open on Sun Jan 1st as well last week. We had a great NYE party with over 110 in attendance and no complaints were made to any staff members the entire weekend.

Our 40 foot long conversation pool is kept heated to 96-99 degrees and the small spa is kept heated to 102 degrees. We did have a problem with the conversation pool heater at the beginning of Dec, but were able to keep it warm while a new heater was being installed by sharing the volleyball pool heater. The disruption in optimal service was limited to the day that we discovered there was a problem.

Brent Wadsworth has been the manager of Mira Vista resort since March, 2008. I can't remember ever receiving a complaint about him, with the exception of someone who was asked to leave due to unacceptably rude behavior toward other guests. On the contrary, people go out of their way to tell us how great he is. Personal customer service is his best attribute. Brent is not loud and gregarious. His low-key friendliness puts guests at ease, particularly those who are visiting a clothing-optional resort for the first time. That is extremely important to all of us.

The reviewer says that the owners don't have any common sense, need to correct issues and need to turn it around for success. We have been in the clothing-optional resort business for 27 1/2 years now. We have owned Laguna del Sol, near Sacramento, CA since 1984 and it is certainly very successful. It is one of the 5 largest resorts in the country and its general manager has been there for 19 years. Mira Vista does not need "turning around". It is growing at a steady rate, despite the recent tough times for the hotel industry in general. We spent more time at Mira Vista last year than either our home or other 2 businesses and are actively involved on a daily basis from wherever we are. We are very proud of and pleased with every one of our exceptional staff at Mira Vista. They all consistently go the extra mile to make sure the guests are happy. If problems arise, which of course they do on occasion, they are resolved quickly. It's disheartening to hear about problems after the fact on a public forum such as this, when they were never mentioned during the stay. I did notice that this was the first tripadvisor review by this person.

Suzanne Schell

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Okay, maybe we shouldn't have gone in December when it rained and the high was in the low 50s. The place is nice. We had a one bedroom suite that was comfortable. The facilities are good. It has a nice workout room. The folks were nice. The weather sucked.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FairwayFound
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My wife and I just spent the Halloween weekend at Mira Vista and we had a blast!! We met some great people. The grounds were beautiful. We enjoyed hanging out by the pool and the conversation pool. We saw people playing water volleyball and they all seemed to be having a great time. We did not play as we were to busy relaxing on the many comfy lounge chairs. The Friday night karyoke was hilarious. Everyone partyed into the night. The Halloween party on Saturday was incredible. I have never been to a funner party in my life. The costumes were amazing. Everyone was so friendly and fun. The food in the restaurant was very good. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts. My wife and I highly recommend this place. We had a great weekend, and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Room 32 was a great room. It faced west so we had some great sunsets. Also it was easy for our friends to find.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple