“Mexican, South American Imports and more”
Review of Zocalo

Zocalo
Ranked #19 of 133 Shopping in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Last year, I was fortunate to encounter a person who worked there who could give me detailed provenance on the pieces I bought. He related where he had gotten the pieces from and what was special about them. I bought 2 large, beautiful majolica plates and a medium sized pottery piece. This year, I bought two Mata Ortiz pottery and a Delft vase from Holland. Lots of religious pieces for those into that and a myriad of items.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

While in Tucson I wanted to buy some authentic southwest artwork and if possible Mexican artwork. We were referred by our hotel to Zocalo for the place to go. We were not disappointed. The only thing that stopped me from buying everything they had was my wallet. Great people, very friendly, we picked up some great pieces and they shipped it to our home. Can't wait to go back to Tucson to visit the store again.

1  Thank rabump
RobertoyKarolina, Owner at Zocalo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review. We work hard to bring unique items to our store. So glad you appreciate our efforts and took the time to let us know!

Reviewed 15 February 2016

OMG! Had only a very few choice places that we wanted to find since my husband is not the world-class SHOPPER that I am but even he was 100% entranced and enchanted when we found this place AND he was the one who made the purchase so what does that tell you! It has the best of the best when it comes to Mexican accessories and we've been everywhere so know quality and prices PLUS the owner is a delight and will tell you all about each piece. We will most definitely be back here.

2  Thank Lili1012

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We enjoy our work and are happy to tell you the history of your purchases!

Reviewed 16 September 2015

This delightful store overflows with fine Mexican colonial furniture, pottery, rugs, Day of the Dead figurines, hand-embroidered Guatemalan pillow cases, jewelry, folk art, mirrors, tin stars, iron chandeliers, pillows, linens and the list goes on and on. When I entered Zocalo, I felt as if I had gone into the attic of a huge mansion, crammed with elegant, exceptional items. No inexpensive souvenirs in this place. Everything signals "top quality."

A man working here -- perhaps the owner -- told me the store had moved from its previous nearby address in June 2015 to this much smaller space. Thus, I often found myself edging past a kaleidoscopic array of objects, all calling for my attention. The plans are to move the store again in March 2016 to a currently unknown permanent location.

Meanwhile, a sale -- the first in 10 years -- was on when I visited in mid-September, 2015. Discounts at the time included 25 percent off on Mata Ortiz pottery and 60 percent off rugs. I resisted the urge to pluck many items from the shelves and instead browsed carefully. Photographs that I took will help me make a decision about something to buy in the next few days. I'm leaning toward a Mexican wood-carved Santos or a lovely Christmas ornament.

I highly recommend Zocalo as a worthwhile stop for tourists and Tucson residents alike. The store is located in a strip mall just west of Broadway Village and has free parking.

2  Thank Rumples

Thank you so much Rumples for your kind review. We are so glad you appreciate the effort it takes to import special items for our clients. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

While in Tucson visiting family members, I stumbled upon this amazing store. After talking to the utterly nice owners, I realized that every single piece of furniture was carefully picked in his original country (usually Central and Latin America) by the owners themselves. I ended up buying 4 splendid dining room chairs for our appartment in NYC, we were pleased with the way the store handled the shipping of the pieces. They arrived in perfect condition. We can't wait to go back to Tucson only to buy more furniture from Zocalo.

1  Thank diplorob

Been to Zocalo? Share your experiences!