Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Mexican, South American Imports and more

Last year, I was fortunate to encounter a person who worked there who could give me detailed... read more

Reviewed 23 May 2017
mugsy1_1
El Paso, Texas
Great Southwest and Mexican Artwork

While in Tucson I wanted to buy some authentic southwest artwork and if possible Mexican artwork... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2016

from USD 54.30
from USD 41.00
from USD 27.15
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2015

I love the passion that the owners have for the artifacts and furniture that they sell. They have some of the most beautiful and unique items from deep down in Mexico, European flea markets, and other exotic importers. Most of their furniture is crazy-big-gorgeous-carved-heavy woods, just stunning craftsmanship and artistry. They also have carved wooden chairs that are upholstered with gorgeous hand worked colorful fabrics. I usually go every year to see their collection of Caterinas and Calaveras, they are beautiful and delicate, wonderful folk art, unique tin punch pieces, beautiful milagro pieces, mirrors, just too much to name. It's such a fun place to roam around because they have such an endless variety of folk art, furniture, accessories and fabrics. I just remembered the saint figurines they have are also stunning. I love handcrafted art that the artist has put their heart and soul into, and you will find that here. Their items are expensive, but given that they travel the world for these pieces, transport them home (very delicate, many of them), and they are truly unique and one of a kind...I wouldn't expect them to be bargains! If you want to take in some beautiful objects that are truly one of a kind, and maybe hear a story or two from the proprietors, it's definitely worth the trip.

1  Thank munkiemama
Reviewed 9 September 2014

Robert and his team work with artisans from San Miguel Allende to create beautiful replicas of colonial Mexican pieces. Additionally the store is filled high quality Mexican pottery and remarkable artifacts. We have purchased many pieces over the years and still love to visit just to browse .

3  Thank mjtravelerOmaha
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Zocalo was commissioned to pack and ship an antique music box, storage chest and 17 metal discs that played on the music box. Upon receipt of the shipment it was immediately evident that Zocalo had improperly and poorly packed the discs resulting in them being bent and unusable. I have sent picture and communicate step by step unpacking and yet the owner continues to want to blame the shipping company. The shipment arrived in highly wrapped plastic film, neither the music box or the storage chest have even a scratch or any sign of damage. The music discs were loose in the cabinet and had obviously been allowed to ship and move during transit.
The owner continues to blame the freight company and asks me to file a claim. I can't file a claim as that would be wrong and fraud. I have written to the freight company to inform them of the situation and that no claim should be honored.

8  Thank Ohio C
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I went to Zocalo in search of a specific item and ended up spending at least an hour wandering around this big store. It was such fun to guess the origin of pottery, baskets and woven goods (often I was wrong). The sales people were helpful and interesting but didn't bug me as I browsed. Really enjoyed shopping there and I think this is the only time I've ever reviewed a store on Trip Advisor. Highly recommend but if you have children they will test your nerves - lots of fragile items within reach.

3  Thank megrey
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Drove by Zocalo and just had to stop, the windows were so inviting with lots of painted pottery. The store is huge with everything from embroidered pillowcases, tablecloths, runners, furniture, mirrors, metal work, decor, jewelry. I even found some beautiful wool sweaters! I spotted some beautiful and unique Christmas ornaments -- tin 3D stars (they also had beautiful ceiling lights in the shape of stars), birds in a basket...and ended up buying Christmas ornaments! Told you they have it all! The best part is that everything is very high quality, the best of the best, no junk or cheap stuff here.

3  Thank JamesBondLosAngeles