Zocalo
Ranked #18 of 133 Shopping in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I went to Zocalo in search of a specific item and ended up spending at least an hour wandering around this big store. It was such fun to guess the origin of pottery, baskets and woven goods (often I was wrong). The sales people were helpful and interesting but didn't bug me as I browsed. Really enjoyed shopping there and I think this is the only time I've ever reviewed a store on Trip Advisor. Highly recommend but if you have children they will test your nerves - lots of fragile items within reach.

3  Thank megrey

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Drove by Zocalo and just had to stop, the windows were so inviting with lots of painted pottery. The store is huge with everything from embroidered pillowcases, tablecloths, runners, furniture, mirrors, metal work, decor, jewelry. I even found some beautiful wool sweaters! I spotted some beautiful and unique Christmas ornaments -- tin 3D stars (they also had beautiful ceiling lights in the shape of stars), birds in a basket...and ended up buying Christmas ornaments! Told you they have it all! The best part is that everything is very high quality, the best of the best, no junk or cheap stuff here.

3  Thank JamesBondLosAngeles
Reviewed 19 January 2012

There's something magical about this store. The selection of Mexican art & furnishings is beautiful... many things from this store are in my home!

5  Thank Cyndi L
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This store has to most beuatiful furniture and Mexican art in Tucson. Make sure to check it out for the holidays or any time really. I know I will be doing some Christmas shopping here.

1  Thank TucsonLocal123
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Very large display of hand carved furniture, lamps, art, mirrors, rugs and pottery.
Many of the furniture pieces are grand and very stately but there is something for everyone in the store from a hand made Mata Ortiz pot to Talevera pottery with the beautiful colors. You will feel like you are in a museum and yet you are in a very nicely displayed retail store in Tucson. Great Mexican restaurant right down the street for follow-up buying discussions! Enjoy we did....

3  Thank Caryl70

Been to Zocalo? Share your experiences!