“Great food and ambiance”

Pastiche Modern Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Pastiche Modern Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 2,121 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: USD 8 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ft Lowell
Description: Pastiche is an upscale restaurant in a warm and casual setting. Our American cuisine with world influences features fabulous appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pastas, large entrees, and desserts. Not sure what you are in the mood for? Take advantage of the multitude of half-sized bistro portions available, perfect for sharing and sampling. What restaurant would not be complete without a full bar and eclectic wine list? Well, we have them both! Pastiche Modern Eatery is open 7 days a week 11am weekdays and 4pm on weekends.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I shared the beet salad and roasted veggie wrap. Great salad and lightly dressed. Lots of different veggies in the wrap: eggplant onions etc

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Before making the drive back to Sierra Vista from Tucson, we were in the neighborhood of Pastiche, and decided to stop. It was around 4:00 p.m., and when we walked into the restaurant it was completely empty. Being between 'eating times,' we re-checked the hours posted on the door, and were greeted shortly thereafter by our server. Pastiche is a very modern venue -- full bar, black table clothes, eclectic art, turquoise linen napkins. The menu is extensive, and since we were hungry and enjoy a good calamari appetizer, we started off with calamari. It was lightly breaded, served with lemon slices and ranch dip. We were able to take advantage of happy hour pricing...a nice addition to the dish! Having ordered the calamari appetizer, I decided on the 'bistro' portion of the Salmon Salad. It arrived with a pleasant presence, and included a large portion of spinach (a bit too much, in fact), grape tomatoes, finger potatoes, asparagus, and a light dressing. The salmon, both smoky and sweet, was unfortunately not more than 1.5 ounces. I had hoped for a bit more of the salmon considering the amount of spinach it rested on. I should have asked for more dressing, and perhaps I would have eaten more of the greens. My husband ordered the Timmy Burger and a side of sweet potato fries. The burger arrived with caramelized onions, cheese, and BBQ sauce (which I sampled, and found to be very tasty). My husband noted that his was a delicious, outstanding hamburger, although slightly overdone from what he requested. While the service at Pastiche was good (a new server either assisted or took over for our original server), we needed to ask another server to flag our waiter to deliver our check so that we could leave. As we waited for our check, Pastiche began to fill up (possibly with the after-work crowd.) If we lived in the Tucson area, Pastiche would definitely be a new favorite, and we'd look forward to our next dining experience.

Judie G, Owner at Pastiche Modern Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review. We carefully read all of our reviews and use them as guidelines to correct or enhance our performance. Either my husband or I are typically here to greet our guests. I am sorry we missed you and hope that you will visit the next time you are in town! Judie and Costas

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is one of our favorite restaurants to visit when we are in Tucson. I always order the small portion of the Mac and cheese and some of their good wine. We also had the chipotle steak soup and the apple and smoked salmon salad followed up with spumoni. Yum. Service was attentive and efficient.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

The food was very good--we went for lunch and I had the grilled portabella with sweet potato cakes. My husband had the grilled salmon sandwich. Both meals were delicious, and we will certainly return there.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

If one simply must eat out in Tucson on Christmas day, make that destination the classy Pastiche Modern Eatery.
We did so without disappointment (and I’d guess that the other patrons that packed the restaurant felt much the same way).
Servers were attentive although, initially, we had a bit of a wait for food due to the sheer numbers of diners.
For an appetizer, the decadent fried avocado with chipolte sauce was lovely and enough for three to share.
Later, the ample turkey dinner was enjoyed as was the perfectly-prepared filet mignon. I opted for the chipolte shrimp linguini, which had several large and tender shrimp in a delicious rich sauce. Portions were just right. With a glass of wine, the bill came to $120.00, ..well worth the meal. (My only regret is that Pastiche is a long way from my home city!)
It’s obvious that this establishment has a steady clientele base so reservations are recommended.