“Great food!!”

Cup Cafe in Hotel Congress
Reserve with OpenTable
Cup Cafe in Hotel Congress is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,121 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th Ave.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just ate here. Excellent food and service. I tried the bar special street tacos. Three different special tacos $3 each. Followed by a pie of key lime pie. Really good deal and more than worth it..

The_Cup_Cafe, Manager at Cup Cafe in Hotel Congress, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. The tacos here are a wonderful little gnosh. Fried pork belly are my favorite. The key lime pie here is some of the best I've ever had. Hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have visited this restaurant several times in the past few years and we keep going back because the food is wonderful, service is fantastic and they have live music on occasion. We also went this year for breakfast and the skillet was to die for.

The_Cup_Cafe, Manager at Cup Cafe in Hotel Congress, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks for the great review. We're very pleased that we can keep you coming back.We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We went for Sunday breakfast and had to wait as the restaurant was very busy. It was well worth the wait as each breakfast/brunch was delicious and plentiful. Around 10:30 we were treated to music as well. This is the first time to visit for breakfast as I have had dinner in the past which was also very good.

The_Cup_Cafe, Manager at Cup Cafe in Hotel Congress, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for the great review. Weekend mornings can be very busy around here, but our build your own Bloody Mary Bar and featured entertainment definitely make the wait much more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you back for breakfast or dinner. We have a terrific Happy Hour too!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Cast iron egg dish was delicious. Friendly service. Good coffee. The pastries LOOKED scrumptious. Worth the trip.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. The baked eggs are a real winner and we are now proudly serving local Hermosa Roasters coffee. Our pastries taste as good as they look. They're worthy of a visit in and of themselves. Make sure you try them on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My wife and I have enjoyed various nights at Hotel Congress in the past. She is foreign-born and does not have a US state ID, although she does have both a foreign driver's license and a US temporary residence/work permit card (while her spouse visa is being processed). All of the other 20+ establishments we have frequented in Tucson have accepted her foreign license or US permit card without any problems. Only at Hotel Congress have they demanded, rather rudely at times, and especially during the most recent instance, to see a passport. On this occasion, my wife's passport was not in her possession as it was being processed for a visa. Despite having both her license and US temporary permit with her, both of which include date of birth, she was not granted entrance to Hotel Congress. This, in my opinion, is in clear violation of AZ's acceptable ID policy, which allows for "a valid unexpired resident alien card that includes a picture of the licensee and the person’s date of birth." I will not be entering Hotel Congress until they change their unwarranted, inflexible, nationalist practices, and I urge you to do the same.

I’m very sorry to hear about you and your wife’s last experience at Hotel Congress. It sounds like there was some confusion from our staff about acceptable forms of identification. You are correct that “A valid unexpired passport or a valid unexpired resident alien card that contains a photograph of the person and the person's date of birth” is an acceptable form of identification.
This has not always been the case. The statute that mentions acceptable ID’s did not include the resident alien card until recently.
I think that is entirely possible that some of our staff may be unaware of the new statute. We will make sure that all of our staff is aware of the new rules.

I invite you back and encourage you to ask for our bar manager Greg Fogie (or any other manager on duty) if you experience any trouble gaining entrance.

I apologize if you felt you were treated rudely by any of our staff. That kind of behavior is absolutely unacceptable and I would implore you to ask to speak to a manager and report the problem.

We welcome guests of all nationalities, races, colors and creeds without discrimination. It is always in our best interest to serve any and all guests as long as it is in a legal and responsible fashion. I assure you that nationalism plays no role in our policies. We proudly work with refugee aid organizations to provide employment for refugees seeking a better way of life and take great pride in showing our local and international guests the best that we have to offer.
I sincerely hope you consider giving us a second chance and hope to see you and your wife soon.